GrandOldTeam TV What should Everton do about Jordan Pickford and is he a long term solution?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't argue Adrian and Bravo are better than Lossl or Stek. Adrian was forced out of West Ham FFS

My point is those guys aren't that great. And two clubs with more money than us aren't investing heavily in a backup keeper. How in the world are we expected to invest in someone that is closer to Pickford's level - and make no mistake he's clearly the best we have.

This whole notion that a backup keeper needs to "put pressure" on a top keeper is silly. If nothing else, we know our guy has arrogance in spades, he wants to be the best in the world, and he believes he can be. No pressure from a backup keeper is going to make him play any better, mate.
The media put pressure on him during the World Cup with some calling him to be dropped, he soon shut them up with great performances. Nothing wrong with having competition in the GK position. I would never drop Pickford for Lossl or Stek and Pickford knows that would never happen himself.

I wouldn't argue Adrian and Bravo are better than Lossl or Stek. Adrian was forced out of West Ham FFS

My point is those guys aren't that great. And two clubs with more money than us aren't investing heavily in a backup keeper. How in the world are we expected to invest in someone that is closer to Pickford's level - and make no mistake he's clearly the best we have.

This whole notion that a backup keeper needs to "put pressure" on a top keeper is silly. If nothing else, we know our guy has arrogance in spades, he wants to be the best in the world, and he believes he can be. No pressure from a backup keeper is going to make him play any better, mate.

For the record, both are much much better than Lossl or Stekelenburg. Lossl last season was an absolute disaster for Huddersfield, genuinely terrible and Stek well...basically since he left Ajax for Roma.

Anyone suggesting we sign a Fabianski or someone of that ilk would be destroyed on here. Utterly destroyed

Again, I suggested Heaton a while back and people had pitchforks

However, because Pickford has had a bad game they are suddenly good options?
THis 100%

Couldn't even imagine the fume on here if we bought these guys or any from your original post, except now possibly Leno, who is the best player by far for Arsenal this season

For the record, both are much much better than Lossl or Stekelenburg. Lossl last season was an absolute disaster for Huddersfield, genuinely terrible and Stek well...basically since he left Ajax for Roma.
Adrian stepped in for Allison and was great, Lossl hasn't even played for us yet and neither as Stek since the 2016-17 season.

If we went back in time and tried to sign Adrian on a free after leaving West Ham, this site would have burned to the ground

Execution comes to mind. I felt that way at the end of the Anfield derby last season. But I recovered after a while and consigned it to my huge drawer of forgettable incidents.
We could sign the great and expensive Man Utd first choice. But hey, he makes as many mistakes as our fella. Both suffer from playing behind shoite defences. (I hope the Irish word fools the forum censors) .

The media put pressure on him during the World Cup with some calling him to be dropped, he soon shut them up with great performances. Nothing wrong with having competition in the GK position. I would never drop Pickford for Lossl or Stek and Pickford knows that would never happen himself.
So now you're comparing a national team #2 to a #2 on a club team. Ok

Adrian stepped in for Allison and was great, Lossl hasn't even played for us yet and neither as Stek since the 2016-17 season.
He wasn't great at all. The RS kept like no clean sheets when he was in. Now lo and behold they are back to being a fortress.

His performances were all masked b/c the RS were scoring 3 goals a match

If we went back in time and tried to sign Adrian on a free after leaving West Ham, this site would have burned to the ground
Wait...sign him for a starting place or as a backup? Cause if it's the former yeah...I'd rather stick with Pickford. If it's the latter, then hardly. Either way my point is about their actual playing value and they are far better that what we have/had on the bench.

PS: Bar one mistake iirc, Adrian served them well for two months.

Status
Not open for further replies.