What kind of forward we need?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We DO NOT need Lukaku! Too selfish and lazy. He scored most of our goals because there is no way he'd do the hard graft DCL does for the benefit of the team. He would be awful in our system now. I hate lazy players
Frankly, purely in football terms you are off your rocker. Rarely have I read such a bad misjudgement of striking talent. You stick to your hard graft and few goals, I will opt for the regular 20 goal per season goal scorer.

Frankly, purely in football terms you are off your rocker. Rarely have I read such a bad misjudgement of striking talent. You stick to your hard graft and few goals, I will opt for the regular 20 goal per season goal scorer.
I don't doubt his goal getting when it's all handed to him, he's a great finisher especially against lesser teams. The fact remains we play better football without him. I for one could without his constant pointing and moaning. He's a bad apple and a whingebag. Utd fans have had enough of him already too, if he was everything you think he is he'd be tearing it up in the prem but all he's tearing up is any goodwill any fans have for him. So again, yea we don't need him

I don't doubt his goal getting when it's all handed to him, he's a great finisher especially against lesser teams. The fact remains we play better football without him. I for one could without his constant pointing and moaning. He's a bad apple and a whingebag. Utd fans have had enough of him already too, if he was everything you think he is he'd be tearing it up in the prem but all he's tearing up is any goodwill any fans have for him. So again, yea we don't need him
I agree with you. He’s not a team player in the dressing room sense.
I wouldn’t want him back, not now the way the team is shaping. There appears to be good harmony amongst them and I wouldn’t risk him spoiling it. But he is a superb finisher.
I’d like someone young-ish, good finisher, touch of snide, grafter.
Not sure who’s out there but I’m sure Brands will.

We DO NOT need Lukaku! Too selfish and lazy. He scored most of our goals because there is no way he'd do the hard graft DCL does for the benefit of the team. He would be awful in our system now. I hate lazy players
Lukaku 37 games 25 goals and 6 assists in his last season with us. DCL 36 games 7 goals and 2 assists last season. Are you really saying you'd rather the 7 and 2 man up front just because he runs around more? Give me the laziest man in the world who bags 20+ goals over a headless chicken running around scoring 1 goal every 5 games.

Hated Lukaku and like DCL as actual people but in football terms you’d be mad to not want Lukaku. He’s the type of striker we see every 10/20 years at Everton. We spends hundreds/thousands a season to see a successful team. There are heroes at Everton who weren’t as good as many forgotten players, they were just liked as people more.

We need pace, someone who runs in behind. But we also need a mobile target man who can score, like DCL but a better finisher. So in my view we need to add two to go with Dom, we can get away with one but they have to be mobile and a goal scorer so that rules out Mitrovic, if its a Mitrovic and another (or Henry) fair enough.

We need pace, someone who runs in behind. But we also need a mobile target man who can score, like DCL but a better finisher. So in my view we need to add two to go with Dom, we can get away with one but they have to be mobile and a goal scorer so that rules out Mitrovic, if its a Mitrovic and another (or Henry) fair enough.
Onyenkuru is not a CF. He's one of 5 or 6 right footed left sided players in the club.

Lukaku 37 games 25 goals and 6 assists in his last season with us. DCL 36 games 7 goals and 2 assists last season. Are you really saying you'd rather the 7 and 2 man up front just because he runs around more? Give me the laziest man in the world who bags 20+ goals over a headless chicken running around scoring 1 goal every 5 games.
It isn't as simple as that though... 1v1 in terms of goals yes Lukaku at his best wins but the players around him didn't score as many as the players around DCL...it's a team game after all. Ever noticed Lukaku used to take a moment longer to celebrate anyone else scoring?

DCL is far from a headless chicken... it's his finishing is the issue not his overall play

How about this guy?
GettyImages-523783516.jpg

It isn't as simple as that though... 1v1 in terms of goals yes Lukaku at his best wins but the players around him didn't score as many as the players around DCL...it's a team game after all. Ever noticed Lukaku used to take a moment longer to celebrate anyone else scoring?
Hated Lukaku and like DCL as actual people but in football terms you’d be mad to not want Lukaku. He’s the type of striker we see every 10/20 years at Everton. We spends hundreds/thousands a season to see a successful team. There are heroes at Everton who weren’t as good as many forgotten players, they were just liked as people more.
I agree with you. He’s not a team player in the dressing room sense.
I wouldn’t want him back, not now the way the team is shaping. There appears to be good harmony amongst them and I wouldn’t risk him spoiling it. But he is a superb finisher.
I’d like someone young-ish, good finisher, touch of snide, grafter.
Not sure who’s out there but I’m sure Brands will.

No. I didn't notice him taking longer to celebrate. I was too busy enjoying his goals, and having a very very good (just short of world class) player in what was largely an average team. All this nonsense about not liking him as a person - did he not send you a birthday card? You don't know the guy. He stayed with us for a number of years and then left for a team who could genuinely challenge for honours. A bad egg in the dressing room? - Based on what? Even in a dysfunctional United squad he was loyal to the manager and tried.

Status
Not open for further replies.