What kind of forward we need?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. I didn't notice him taking longer to celebrate. I was too busy enjoying his goals, and having a very very good (just short of world class) player in what was largely an average team. All this nonsense about not liking him as a person - did he not send you a birthday card? You don't know the guy. He stayed with us for a number of years and then left for a team who could genuinely challenge for honours. A bad egg in the dressing room? - Based on what? Even in a dysfunctional United squad he was loyal to the manager and tried.
Spot on. Could not put it better. Maybe Toffeepot is a personal friend of DCL in which case he prefers him to the man he presumably does not know, i.e. Lukaku. I go on football ability and do not know any players personally.

Spot on. Could not put it better. Maybe Toffeepot is a personal friend of DCL in which case he prefers him to the man he presumably does not know, i.e. Lukaku. I go on football ability and do not know any players personally.
Yea of course, that must be it! Conveniently ignore anything else I said why don't you... Either way you can pine away for the egotistical lump if you wish because DCL is who we have and unless we spend big that's how it will be. Our results with him leading the line of late are CL standard so I'm happy

Look at his consistent goal return for us at the time. Look at the price we sold him for and find me someone comparable.
Everything was based around him and there weren't many game winning goals either. We robbed them with the price, paid for Siggy and Richarlison plus another 5mil coming when Utd get shot of him and his trampoline shins. Let it go! He's probably off playing cringeworthy hiphopskotch with the other mutant Pogba cracking terrible jokes they laugh exaggeratedly at for Instagram ;) This thread is what striker do we need and he would be an awful fit for Silva's system

Everything was based around him and there weren't many game winning goals either. We robbed them with the price, paid for Siggy and Richarlison plus another 5mil coming when Utd get shot of him and his trampoline shins. Let it go! He's probably off playing cringeworthy hiphopskotch with the other mutant Pogba cracking terrible jokes they laugh exaggeratedly at for Instagram ;) This thread is what striker do we need and he would be an awful fit for Silva's system
Mostly reasonable points, apart from the Pogba nonsense and the slightly unfair trampoline shins. However the challenge was to find someone comparable, because @Prevenger17 laughed at my nearly world class comment. So far, no points to gryffyndor.

Lukaku 37 games 25 goals and 6 assists in his last season with us. DCL 36 games 7 goals and 2 assists last season. Are you really saying you'd rather the 7 and 2 man up front just because he runs around more? Give me the laziest man in the world who bags 20+ goals over a headless chicken running around scoring 1 goal every 5 games.

We finished in the same position regardless.

It's not just about scoring goals, it's about what else they can do for the team. We score goals elsewhere in the team with Richarlison and Sigurdsson so a striker who only scores goals is not that essential if it effects the ability of the others to also score.

Seems people are split on Lukaku, personally I wouldn't want him back. YES he scored goals when here and will always be a goal scorer but will always be at the determinant of his teammates and the game has moved on and you need your forwards to be mobile and press defenders etc, something he never did.
Wish people would stop comparing DCL with him. They play the same positions but are completely different players. If DCL wasnt mobile and pressing defenders and just stood in and around the box screaming at players to play him in then he would score more goals.
Not saying DCL is what we need right now as he does need to continue to develop but would ideally be looking to bring in someone that can be a bit of a mixture of the both, whether that striker is around and within budget I dont know.

F2350B18-0601-4219-8C9F-43CF4EBA277F.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.