What is the problem with this team?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are, and have been for a good long while now, fundamentally broken.

And I don’t know what the fix is but we’re not doing it.

Too much money, not enough ability, passion and interest and no accountability.

there is something deeply wrong with this shower , has been for a year or two , look like they are playing at half pace and all fight knocked out of them.
I dont know if its a personality thing within the squad or something behind the scenes , but it needs sorting out.

Reactions: Tak
I still love Baines for everything he has done for this team, but he isn't the answer anymore as a starting option as our LB. Digne needs to be brought in and our CB situation needs to be gutted and sorted. Start Holgate and see what he can do and bring in 2-3 more CB that can actually play. Richarlison and Coleman are playing their butts off. Give Coleman the armband.

Also I hope Pickford hasn't been watching these games because he might put in a transfer than play with this heartless and lazy team

Specifically on the inability to create chances: For a number of seasons this was a one man attack. If Lukaku was on song the goals came and games were won. But as a team, we were never a solid, well rounded unit. Always a gaping crack or two showing in the starting XI on match day.

Last summer was the big opportunity to build a stronger collective side, but as we all know Koeman and Walsh lacked any semblance of a plan both on the pitch and in the transfer market. What we did have was Rooney who in stages of the season made a passable impression of a talismanic goalscorer.

Now we have a manager who seems to have a clue about engineering a decent attack and manage a group of players, while also enjoying the buying power of the Moshiri era that enables not only identifying the need for a left winger but hiring the right guy to fill the spot. But so far in preseason it seems a bit like the players are still subconsciously looking for that signal from the main man to look for a penetrating move.

Bit of a cliche but I think the main thing we´re missing attacking-wise is belief in the collective strength of the team. That, and fitness levels that have looked suspect for a long time. Problem is we are utterly clueless at the back which makes it much harder to patiently build the feel good factor and find a new attacking identity.

Status
Not open for further replies.