What has been your lowest point supporting Everton?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Losing Rooney and the 5 nil at Goodison against the RS!
Yep, the current situation is truly horrible and a nightmare that gets worse every day, but when I heard Rooney had scored a hat-trick on his debut for United I nearly threw up, it hit me that hard. Last season nearly tipped me over the edge, so I am doing my best to detach myself now, but it is proving impossible

I just asked my old man who was born in 1954 this thread question.

He said “now is the worst..then Mike Walker 2nd”.

I thought he might have something else, but he said no.

I've already said this but Mike Walker felt like a bit of knockabout fun compared to the last 18 months

Benitez was levels below that. Will forever be a giant skidmark on the club's history. Sam's only a gravy stain.

Benitez really was the turning point

Losing Ancelotti was a gut punch but we could have lingered around mid-table if we'd made the right appointment straight after

Instead we went with Benitez and after he was done we were pretty much unsalvageable

He always said we were a small club and thanks to his horrific management he's left us as one

It's neither here nor there now, but i honestly think we'd still be a boring mid table team now if we didn't hire Benitez. That was a dark day for this club.

We picked the worst man possible as Ancelottis successor. I just think there was a curse placed on this club when we hired that man.

Until relegation happens the appointment of Rafael Benitez as our manager, is very much my lowest moment supporting this club.

The defeat at Burnley last year was hard to take. Half time vs Palace... The whole general feel about the club at the moment. Theres my top 3. Take your pick on the order, they're all awful.

Saddest part is they're all recent memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.