What has been your lowest point supporting Everton?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was yesterday. The relegation will just be the outcome of what happened yesterday. Relegation is the lowest point that any Everton supporter will have faced - which means this is it pretty much for everyone as there's not many, if any at all, who'd have remembered the early 1950s period outside of the top flight.

When I was a kid, I used to travel to the games on my tod (no blues at my school and my dad worked saturdays), 2 buses and then 2 trains to get the game. Would set off at 9.30 in the morning for home games and get back home 8.30 if I was lucky . It ate up all my pocket money and after school job pittance. I was 15 in the 93/94 season, and for me the realisation after getting bashed at home by Norwich 5-1, was the dawning that my beloved team werent the team I had grown up with and that my heroes were either gone or too old and the guys coming in didnt give a stuff. We even beat the RS 2 weeks prior to this and started the season with 3 wins. But that journey back that night even at that age, I knew something had gone and for a few brief moments of joy we haven't managed to get back. Still went to the games, but when other things started demanding your money and time - ie nights out, women, bills - enjoying yourself! etc I have slowed it down. But as we know the Blues are a drug and it will always have you coming back.

Perhaps the more pertinent question is .... What's your lowest point apart from the present?

In 40 years. Can't think of one. Johnson era was bad, but this feels way worse, in what should be a great time with the new stadium. In fact, that makes it all the worse.

It was yesterday. The relegation will just be the outcome of what happened yesterday. Relegation is the lowest point that any Everton supporter will have faced - which means this is it pretty much for everyone as there's not many, if any at all, who'd have remembered the early 1950s period outside of the top flight.
I now think we will escape relegation… Dyche will sort it.

but hypothetically, if the worst did happen, the lowest point would be that first day kicking off in the second division

Status
Not open for further replies.