What has been your lowest point supporting Everton?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me, one of the saddest things is that my son has never experienced any joy following them. He is sixteen and not really bothered. If I ask he will come to a game, but he doesn’t really care.

He is the only blue in his class in a Liverpool school. Everything about the club is rotten.

When I reflect on it, I’m actually relieved that he isn’t too bothered. He can put his emotional energy elsewhere. Everton are a sad pointless hollowed out shell.

Probably this evening. Feels like we've given up. Whatever the background ownership stuff right now I don't care. On a football level we sold Gordon and surely could have got a surplus centre half, a midfielder or both off the wages to free up cash for a loan. Even as I was saying taking chance on a lower league player. But nothing.

The problem is we've been panic buying for years and that led us to having more restrictions to spend the next window and so on. At somepoint we had to draw a line in the sand. That said it would have been good to get one more centre forward even if just another option from the bench.

I'm a relatively young - middle-aged supporter (36 years old) and this has been the lowest point whilst I've been an active fan of the club. I don't see a way out.

I try not to post often because I don't like to contribute to negative pile-ons but I don't see anything positive in the club at the moment. The Everton I know, the Everton my Dad grew up with, these pricks have let it slip through their fingers.

For me, one of the saddest things is that my son has never experienced any joy following them. He is sixteen and not really bothered. If I ask he will come to a game, but he doesn’t really care.

He is the only blue in his class in a Liverpool school. Everything about the club is rotten.

When I reflect on it, I’m actually relieved that he isn’t too bothered. He can put his emotional energy elsewhere. Everton are a sad pointless hollowed out shell.
I took my boys a few times, neither of them got into it at all. We now go to the local non-league club every week and they love it. The wisdom of youth, eh? I even went to a cup final last year (lost, obvs, I've brought the Everton curse with me).

How about the windows under Koeman & Walsh spending millions plus purchasing rubbish?

And got us into this mess in the first place.

I always say one can never judge the success or otherwise of a transfer window until a few months down the line.

And if we can stay up then I will mark this one down as a roaring success.

Because we won‘t have lumbered ourselves with overpriced, overpaid second rate players and Mr. Dyche will, hopefully, be able to bring better players in for next season.

UTFT

Here’s a cheerful thread for a Thursday evening. My personal top 3 is:

1. The 4-1 derby defeat under Benitez last season when they all sang his name

2. The 5-2 defeat at home to Watford under Benitez last season when Josh King scored a hat trick

3. The day Benitez was appointed Everton manager
Tonight

33 and this is it for me. Genuinely don't see a way out of this, there's simply no goals in the current squad. We haven't even got anyone who can take a good enough corner to try and nick goals from set pieces. I think we're down, and then what happens?

Not sure exactly how long I've been supporting Everton, a little less than 20 years I think. So all I've experienced is pleasant mediocrity with flashes of true joy and excitement. This is easily the lowest point. So far.

And got us into this mess in the first place.

I always say one can never judge the success or otherwise of a transfer window until a few months down the line.

And if we can stay up then I will mark this one down as a roaring success.

Because we won‘t have lumbered ourselves with overpriced, overpaid second rate players and Mr. Dyche will, hopefully, be able to bring better players in for next season.

UTFT
I will praise this window if that happens.

And if it magically does happen, Then it has to be used as a turning point in how we do future Business.
We will never get out of this cycle of buying dross unless we actually take the plunge one day, And it drives me insane...

It just might already be to late.

( It would actually be nice to hear/believe that it never came down to money being available but the fact that after looking at all possible targets, we refused to spend on 'Squad fillers' with long contracts )

In Dyche We Trust ?

It’s pretty clear that we have had no transfer targets prior to Dyche’s appointment. Our DoF is a completely pointless role and should go. Dyche if he did have targets was either told we can’t afford them, was lied to, or was happy to sign without any. We need a miracle to stay up now and Everton don’t do miracles. No way the board can turn up at Goodison after this. Should resign but they won’t. Utter bloody embarrassment of a club.

Status
Not open for further replies.