What has been your lowest point supporting Everton?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I live on South coast and take my lad to Goodison a few times a season and a fair few away games. We had planned to take my dad to Goodison this season for his first visit in years, just so he can watch his beloved Blues with his grandson for the first time. Really not sure if I want to do it now.....just no hope left.

And got us into this mess in the first place.

I always say one can never judge the success or otherwise of a transfer window until a few months down the line.

And if we can stay up then I will mark this one down as a roaring success.

Because we won‘t have lumbered ourselves with overpriced, overpaid second rate players and Mr. Dyche will, hopefully, be able to bring better players in for next season.

UTFT
And what if we go down then what?, we didn’t need to but expensive trash we could have used the loan market better, we had months to sort this mess out not the last day of the window, players should have been in the first week of Jan to help Lampard out with the important games we had coming up, would the lad that went to Spurs have been here now while Lampard was in charge?
I can’t see any lift now come Saturday I can’t see Dyche turning that weakend squad in to Brighton in 5 days ,we get any serious injury going forward and we are well and truly screwed.
Think this last month has finished me ,I’ve been going since 1970 but with what has gone on on and off the field it seems we have given up as a club ,I’ll take my seat Saturday as normal and just go through the motions expecting a 2-3 goal defeat from a very good side ,I understand the need to get behind the team but I don’t think it’s their any more to be honest.

I live on South coast and take my lad to Goodison a few times a season and a fair few away games. We had planned to take my dad to Goodison this season for his first visit in years, just so he can watch his beloved Blues with his grandson for the first time. Really not sure if I want to do it now.....just no hope left.
Do it, mate. Make the most of those multi-generational moments!!! We are not down yet!!! It might be a sad day , it might be a narrow win-it’s still Everton and you guys being together!!!

Inappropriate Language
Still 97/98, which has similarities to this season, bottom of league, protests about the ownership throughout the season and needed to rely on others to stay up (we didnt even win our "win or bust" game on the final day). The same stuff was doled out then, "no fight, no passion, no heart, players paid too much and don't give a [Poor language removed]" etc.

This may be revisited in May, of course.

Do it, mate. Make the most of those multi-generational moments!!! We are not down yet!!! It might be a sad day , it might be a narrow win-it’s still Everton and you guys being together!!!

Don't!

Do something more productive and fun instead. It'll only be a miserable experience.

50+ years of following the blues...but this is the lowest for me.
The disconnect between club and fans has never been so bad...we are not the people's club any more...there is now open hatred of the people who run the club. It's toxic and will drive many fans away.

50+ years of following the blues...but this is the lowest for me.
The disconnect between club and fans has never been so bad...we are not the people's club any more...there is now open hatred of the people who run the club. It's toxic and will drive many fans away.

It’s driven new signings away.

Yes, do it. There's some winnable home games coming up in Feb/March, and we'll get some points on the board.

For visceral pain = close run thing between Clive Thomas semi final and 1986 FA cup/losing at Oxford to lose league

For numbness and wondering where do we go from here= 1998, Coventry escape

For pure frustration with the powers that be= Collina and Villarreal ties with European ban

For “holy merde, these guys literally have no clue the game might be up this time= starting 1997-98 with fading HK and only Gareth Farrelly signed from Villa’s reserves tying with current gamble club is making on Dyche keeping us up.

Most recent: When I realised the club doesn't give a damn.

I travelled up from Kent to see us play Stoke (Rooney's first game back).

Arrived at the ground at 1.30 to collect my ticket. Process usually takes 10 minutes.

Met by a queue at least 200 yards long. After nearly 2 hours of snail like progress to the ticket office, I got inside the ground at 3.25 pm and, at 3.44 pm, went for a leak and a beer, only for Rooney to score as I had my back turned and was walking down the steps.

No goals in the SH, a 40 minute walk to Lime Street and a 4 hours train journey home.

Emailed the 'Peoples Club' to express my unhappiness. Didn't even get an acknowledgment, nothing at all!

Status
Not open for further replies.