What has been your lowest point supporting Everton?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d have to mention about 30!!!!
But the first few that came to mind were:
1986 watching us give a garbage RS the double ! Mind-boggling

Selling Alan Ball

West Ham semi final 1980
Special mention to Clive Thomas and Aston Villa in 1977, the Glen Keeley derby and Collina
As you can see… I could go on!!!!

Was that Coventry game the 0-0 one? That was a sad, bleak,desolate day and the game was worse, watched by 16,000 bored stiff fans and Kendall came on at the end and shook hands with every player while those of us left in the ground just shook our heads or booed them off.
That's the one mate, dire days.

Who knew what was to follow though, makes me optimistic ??

Strictly not supporting Everton but it's got to be seeing the RS win trophy after trophy. 2001 THEN 2005. Thought that was bad then last few years.

Depressing being a blue.

Too many to chose from:

Jagielka Arteta Yakubu Anichebe all doing their ligaments in the same season just as we were peaking as a team under Moyes

The fiorentina penalty shoot out then watching a bang average rangers team put them out and lose to a team we’d already beaten in the final

That stupid Origi goal

Allan getting sent off v Newcastle, I genuinely thought we were getting relegated

When the Villareal ball came out the hat and Collina disallowed that goal

Also selling Yakubu Arteta Saha and bringing in Drenthe and Stracqualursi on loan just confirming that we were absolutely flat broke
2 good ones there.

Losing at home in the cup to Tranmere & Wigan
Losing 4-0 at the pit under Martinez
As a youngster, losing to West Brom at Wembley when we were big favourites to win it

Can I have two??Elland Road Leeds semi final replay v West Ham,had to face the mocking RS in school the next morning,I was convinced I would NEVER see us win a trophy in my lifetime,also the Cup Final 1986,how did we manage to not just giftwrap the league to them,but also the double,in my own humble opinion for three quarters of that season we were streets ahead of them footballwise,there really have been so many to pick from right up to Tuesday night!!but I think they have numbed me into submission over the years??
This club has suffered some serious heartbreak over the years. We've had success, that a lot of other clubs supporters would love to experience as well though.

Handing that lot the double on a plate, whilst in the midst of this clubs greatest ever era is such a typical Everton thing to happen! Of course two world wars had to break out, while we were the reigning league champions as well. Oh well as the saying goes Everton that.lol

Getting beat at Oldham, second reply, 5th round FA Cup 1990. Plastic pitch and awful weather. A grim trip that was
It was probably at that point, that people realised that Colin Harvey (as great an Evertonian as he is) just wasn't up to it as manager.

Ah well Howard Kendall was always going to be a hard act to follow. The show really was over when Howard left to go to Spain.

Not in the same league as the benitez era on the whole but I have to say us drawing Wigan in an FA cup quarter final, already booking my train down to Wembley and then Fizzer Neville threading Callum Mcmanaman through was a personal low point.

The year we handed the rs the double on a silver plate. I will never get that out of my system!
The players had to travel home on the same plane as the rs players as well, and they also had to join them (on the bus behind the rs bus) for their tour of the city as well! I think Peter Reid refused to take part in it and he was dead right not to imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.