What has been your lowest point supporting Everton?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Here’s a cheerful thread for a Thursday evening. My personal top 3 is:

1. The 4-1 derby defeat under Benitez last season when they all sang his name

2. The 5-2 defeat at home to Watford under Benitez last season when Josh King scored a hat trick

3. The day Benitez was appointed Everton manager
The last 25 or so years really... And Mike Walker..

2. The 5-2 defeat at home to Watford under Benitez last season when Josh King scored a hat trick

...in reverse order
3) The day I started
2) 1968 final
1) not happened yet/it will get worse before it gets better...if it ever does

I agree with you on all those points mate.

I agree with you on all those points mate.
Same, that was the 1 thing that made me not want to go to Goodison, nothing has ever done that before.

Missed more home games that season than I have since I started going 30+ years ago combined.

An utter stain on this club and those that supported him and still support him to this day will forever get my scorn.

1970/71 season from mid March to the end of the season. We were the reigning Champions, a somewhat lacklustre campaign when the heights of the previous season slipped away. However, starting in March it went badly wrong, some league defeats then in the space of about 72 hours knocked out of the European Cup by Panathinaikos on the Wednesday (on the away goals rule), then losing to the rs on the Saturday at Old Trafford, after being 1 up (Bally) but then losing Labone with an injury during the game. The same week I think that Harry Catterick's health had taken a nasty turn leaving Wilf Dixon in charge for the semi. Meanwhile, in the league we lost 7, drew 2 and had 1 win in the last 10 matches. Then to cap it all we had to play a meaningless 3/4th place FA Cup game on the Friday evening before the FA Cup Final at Selhurst Park & managed to lose 3-2 to effin Stoke City - they FA later did away with that short lived match idea fortunately. The rs played the Arse the next day - at least Charlie George scored the winner! That season was a really low point - then we managed to sell Bally the next season. If it wasn't for Howard Kendall I fear we would seriously have been relegated 71/2 or 72/3. It hurt a lot in those days because we were EVERTON, now it's become an all too often series of predictable nightmares.

Losing to Burnley last season in a crucial game after going 2-1 up at half time was very disappointing

As was the 0–0 away to Watford who had rested all their first team players

Then going 1-0 up at home to Brentford before Branthwaite got sent off and losing another crucial game

3 crucial games that would have meant we could have secured survival much earlier than we did

The obvious 5-2 defeat at home to Watford as well

Also that time spurs put 6 past us at goodison park

Status
Not open for further replies.