What has been your lowest point supporting Everton?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There really is that many to pick from in recent years it’s hard to pick just 3.

The cup final in 09 and Liverpool semi final in 2012 at Wembley were horrible.
But the lowest I’ve honestly felt was half time against palace. I didn’t move out my seat or speak to anyone at half time, just sat there numb thinking this is it, we’re gone. Worst feeling at a football match ever.

So many lows. The sad thing is they massively outweigh the highs.
I don’t get to that many games but I was at the 5-2 Watford and Silva’s last game against Norwich, both of which were incredibly hopeless.

The one that stands out which I wasn’t at was how I felt after Burnley last season, 2-1 up at half time, just needing to see out a half against an absolutely crap team in a half empty ground for a must win game. Losing to that nothing club in a ‘must win’ was horrible.

An insane game that hasn’t been mentioned is when we were 2-0 up in injury time against Newcastle and still managed not to win. Unbelievable feeling watching that. I didn’t move for about ten minutes after it finished, just stared into space. Everton that.

I don’t get to that many games but I was at the 5-2 Watford and Silva’s last game against Norwich, both of which were incredibly hopeless.

The one that stands out which I wasn’t at was how I felt after Burnley last season, 2-1 up at half time, just needing to see out a half against an absolutely crap team in a half empty ground for a must win game. Losing to that nothing club in a ‘must win’ was horrible.

An insane game that hasn’t been mentioned is when we were 2-0 up in injury time against Newcastle and still managed not to win. Unbelievable feeling watching that. I didn’t move for about ten minutes after it finished, just stared into space. Everton that.
Triggered some PTSD that I thought I'd managed to escape there mate

Thats the one for me! I was so sure we would win that game to stay up, after we lost I was convinced we were going down. Hopefully Everton wont ever make me feel like that again.

Losing 4-1 to Palace in the Zenith Data Systems cup final stayed with me, I was only 6 or 7.

Other than that, getting beat 4-1 at home to West Brom.

Losing 4-0 to Arsenal in 98 the week before the Coventry great escape. I couldn't see us staying up at that point.

I think the derby under Benitez last year is maybe the absolute lowest I've felt but I have to shout out essentially the entire European run under Koeman and especially the absolute trouncing we took off Atalanta. Grim.

Koeman's Europa run, ugghhhh! I think I had blocked that out.

Status
Not open for further replies.