What did Ancelotti really say to Referee Kavanagh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
McGuire went straight to the referee at half time to argue the point over a few decisions, the way he was pointing to different area’s of the pitch, he had hold of the match ball and after walking away from the referee bounced the ball down in an aggressive manner as he walked towards the tunnel.

That fat head was reffing the game all day. Overrated yard dog.

Brilliant of Carlo and the bit where Dunc had to pull him away.

He has done his homework on the `culture' of our support. Go down head first and ask questions later.

He genuinely seems bang up for the job and determined to enjoy it.

Ps. You could clearly see him say to the ref `I am not going anywhere, I am not invisible. I want an explanation'.

One of the best things about televised RL is the ref mics. Defusing fights, laughing with players and sometimes even admitting they can only call what they see and apologizing. It humanizes them. Even with the video ref you're rarely left scratching your head as to how a decision has been made and some low key grumbling about forward passes aside, I don't think I've ever felt as a lapsed matchgoing fan that the Video Referee has impacted a game significantly.

Football has taken the complete opposite approach of trying to set up its officials as infallible and unquestionable.

Arrogance, pure arrogance that they can't follow other sports, football is the best and has to show the rest the way. I could watch footy again if it copied half of the rules of rugby.

I have a question:

Is the referee bound to follow the opinion of the VAR or is it merely advisory? Kavanagh first checked with the linesman (and in the linesman opinion it was all correct), then awarded the goal (obviously he didn’t seem to have an issue either) then the VAR comes in and claims some sort of obstruction.

How exactly does this work?:oops:

I have a question:

Is the referee bound to follow the opinion of the VAR or is it merely advisory? Kavanagh first checked with the linesman (and in the linesman opinion it was all correct), then awarded the goal (obviously he didn’t seem to have an issue either) then the VAR comes in and claims some sort of obstruction.

How exactly does this work?:oops:
As far as I’m aware, they’re allowed to check the replay themselves on the pitchside monitors, and over-rule the VAR decision, if they interpret it differently.

But most of the time, the shithouse referees in this league are more than happy for the decision to be made by someone sitting in a room hundreds of miles away from the pitch.

That ref deffo-

voted brexit 'but not because I am racist, I just think we need to make our own laws'

Has an impressive stereo system but doesn't really like music

Drinks bottled lager

Thinks kids these days are soft

Status
Not open for further replies.