Match Thread West Ham v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to see Patterson instead of coleman. But genuinely believe Seamus is the only player to get them going. The only half leader we have.
Why not play the two of them, taking turns to attack and cover for each other, Patterson’s energy and fight alongside Seamus’s ability to do the same, might make some of the others join in and do likewise.

Nailed on defeat today for the following reasons

Lampard will play 3 CBs when but we will sit permanently with 5 at the back.
2 in midfield against their 3, is it any wonder our defenders can pass in to midfield when we have 2 marked by 3 players! Or we are passive because their CM 3 play it around our 2!
We will come with a high press which we cant keep up for more than 20 mins and over commit leading to goals.
West Ham will murder us on Set Pieces.
They will also show us up in terms of work rate.
West Ham are heroic in terms of mentality compared to our luvvies, 1st sign of trouble i.e. a goal against or booking they will absolutely fall to pieces.

Another Spurs or Palace display incoming I just our goal difference isn`t harmed too much. 100% we wont be winning this one....

Last season we won away at West Ham 1-0, the team that day?

Pickford
Digne
Mina -> Holgate
Godfrey
Keane
Sigurdsson -> Delph
Allan
Davies
Coleman
Richarlison -> King
Calvert-Lewin (Goal)

And no more taylor swift music!! its the devil!! Beat west ham, beat that swift piffle and youll live forever

Can’t say I’ve any hope for this but I’ll watch just to ruin my Sunday. At least Lampard has a template on how not to set up for his game thanks to the last few aways, let’s see if he’s got anything in the locker to fix that.

Really really need all of the established pros who’ve shown capability before, such as DCL Richarlison Doucoure, to turn up and remember they can play football and help win games.

I’m extremely doubtful on any of the above happening and reckon our only hope of staying up remains of nabbing some points at home and hoping the others below us try and out crap Everton.

I can see why Frank will do it, but I think unfortunately he’ll play 5 at the back again with Coleman/Kenny as fullbacks. This will see us lose fairly comfortably.

I’d prefer 4-3-3 and to have a go at winning the midfield battle, thus taking pressure off the defence.

Time for Dele for me. Stick him, Doucs and Donny in a 3 and tell them to go out and dominate against a 2.

Time for the manager to “walk the walk”. The capitulations in games away under him surely should of confirmed that personnel changes are drastically needed and that none of the defence should be guaranteed starters, you can’t throw them under the bus and question their courage and then not replace most of them for the next game. Come on Frank, time to be brave yourself and stop reverting to “experience”, the same “experience“ which has been prevalent all through this disastrous season.
Time for a new captain please.

Status
Not open for further replies.