Match Thread West Ham v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
For all those saying we did well, I agreed until I reflected on the fact that they were well below par, and we should be taking advantage of that if we hope to stay up
You're not taking into account that we have no creativity anymore thanks to an unnamed player getting arrested and Benitez ousting Rodriguez and Digne. Between those 3 last season they provided 28 goals and created 26 big chances.

For comparison Gray and Townsend have only provided 12 goals and 5 big chances.

If we'd some creative players in that squad yesterday we'd have won imo. The big thing for me was that most of the time it just looked like we couldn't score even when in and around their box.

Last edited:
You're not taking into account that we have no creativity anymore thanks to an unnamed player getting arrested and Benitez ousting Rodriguez and Digne. Between those 3 last season they provided 28 goals and created 26 big chances.

For comparison Gray and Townsend have only provided 12 goals and 5 big chances.

If we'd some creative players in that squad yesterday we'd have won imo. The big thing for me was that most of the time it just looked like we couldn't score even when in and around their box.
Good stats.

Funnily enough the one and only thing I held against Benitez' appointment was some of the football his team's turn out - but thought the solidity and organisation he'd bring to our back 4 would be worth that.

Wrong on both accounts.

Good stats.

Funnily enough the one and only thing I held against Benitez' appointment was some of the football his team's turn out - but thought the solidity and organisation he'd bring to our back 4 would be worth that.

Wrong on both accounts.
Yeah, nothing worked under Benitez bar the first few games. That and mental injuries are why we are where we are now with Lampard trying to clean up the mess and instill confidence back into the players.

Good stats.

Wrong on both accounts.
I thought the same. That it would be a dull and boring season but that we'd be relatively comfortable and much around mid-table/10th.

How wrong that was. I never had faith in the squad as a whole over several seasons and always thought they were capable of a severe run of bad form and results. So that doesn't surprise me in a way but experiencing it happening for real is obviously different and very, very sobering and sad to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.