Match Thread West Ham United v Everton - Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah this win essentially cancels out Wolves or Fulham game. One more of these and we are back to even
I see where you're coming from but in those home games we did well enough and made enough chances to win them hands down whereas I thought we kept this lot at arm's length all game and hardly gave them a sniff and thoroughly deserved the points.

Unbelievable result! I was expecting a negative GD (hopefully limited to -2) so to pull a +1 out of the hat is beyond my wildest dreams. I suggest Luton,Sheffield and Bournemouth fans won't like seeing our GD improving so much!!!

Decent performance and a well deserved win could have been more but once we got in front we closed it out well and I think West Ham ran out of gas after playing on Thursday night. A really nice goal which featured our best players today and the turn and finish from Calvert-Lewin was worthy of winning any match.

Smashing result and we looked very solid at the back. Harrison and McNeil under par but still played their part in a good team performance; a little bit of magic from DCL made all teh difference.

And that ladies and gentlemen is our first team for the foreseeable future. A settled side will be good for everyone involved. It's up to Danjuma, Betto, Gana etc up their game in training in an effort to get involved.

Shame things will have to change for the midweek cup fixture.

Give MOM to Patterson, very disciplined defensive performance, played at his level today. Also decided I can't give it to Jarrad every week, but what another totemic performance from him. Dom, what a finish, if Haaland scores that the sky bots are flapping over it in the studio, all we get is a replay, "bad defending" and move on.

Only criticism is that it should have been two or three, but for some more wasteful play in the final third and the stubborn decision of Dyche not to make any subs, could see the team needed freshening up in the last twenty, bit baffled we didn't throw throw on some subs to get at them a bit more. Maybe we're planning on our B team getting us through Burnley on Wednesday so are happy to let a few of the forwards empty the tank, only time will tell if that's the shout and whether it's even a good one.

Tbf I fancied us today, onwards and upwards, mid table to top half finish has to be a realistic ambition now, our underlying metrics suggest that's where we're heading.

UTFT

Status
Not open for further replies.