Match Thread West Bromwich Albion vs Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a bit like the 2nd game of the Christmas period, having rotated in the last game. I think we'll play:

Pickford
Coleman Keane Godfrey Digne
Davies Doucoure
Iwobi James Richarlison
DCL

Hopefully that's good enough, but it's all about attitude.

I also think we were 13th when he joined.

He's still trying to claim credit for the 4-0 versus West Ham when he hadn't even been given his parking space.
He came in to do a job, he did it ok and got us into a respectable position but he did have the backing buying 2 players in Tosun & Walcott so he can’t say he had no backing. His managing style of football was opposite to what we were looking for, but one thing he has in his bag is a way of correcting things when things are going wrong. Moyes had it Carlo seems to have it, the rest Martinez,Koeman and Silva didn’t have it. I thank Sam for what he did here but he was never the future but he did the job he came into do and he did it ok, but we’ve all moved on since.

Win. Go 4th.

5 points from 2nd. Game in hand.

Waaaay to much pressure. But we can only hope.

I wouldn’t say there’s pressure. It’s not like we’re expected to finish 4th. I think Carlo will just tell them to go out there, and stick to the game plan. If anything the rest of the season should be played with confidence and enjoyment, we’ve got the talent and players are in form at the moment I don’t think we should fear anyone, anything could happen.

Only pressure will be coming from the fans who may possibly be over expectant. Our aim has always been just getting Europe (Europa or new UEFA Competition) anything after that is a major bonus. Even if we only pick up a point tonight it’s not the end of the world for us.

Jim Beglin has lived his entire life never knowing friendship or love. Since birth he has been despised and vilified by all who know him including his parents and siblings. It is also rumoured his lash is so small it is ingrowing, and his love spuds are the size, shape and colour of petit pois!

I think the man deserves our sympathy, not our hatred??
Jim Beglin is a very fair and unbiased commentator and is only ever critical of Everton on football performance and usually with good reason. The paranoia from some here is hard to understand.

First goal is so important in this game. if we get the first early on we will cruise the game by 3 or 4 goals, if they get the first goal Lardiola with shut up shop and we will struggle to break them down. would like to see king involved at some point in this game today and not a 3 minute cameo at the end

Reactions: JMT

He came in to do a job, he did it ok and got us into a respectable position but he did have the backing buying 2 players in Tosun & Walcott so he can’t say he had no backing. His managing style of football was opposite to what we were looking for, but one thing he has in his bag is a way of correcting things when things are going wrong. Moyes had it Carlo seems to have it, the rest Martinez,Koeman and Silva didn’t have it. I thank Sam for what he did here but he was never the future but he did the job he came into do and he did it ok, but we’ve all moved on since.
That's fair. But I'll always remember that period over Christmas where we went something like 3 matches without having a shot on goal.

Leicester still has plenty of time to boot it like they did last season. United would have to have a substantial scoring drought for us to catch them, and we'd have to pick up the scoring pace. The latter is possible with the front line healthy, but far from certain. The former seems unlikely, but stranger things have happened.

People tend to underestimate the difficulty of making up points in the top half late on - top sides are there because they get a lot of points, and they usually continue to get a lot late on, so it takes a real tear to close a gap.

Most likely, our direct rivals are Chelsea with an outside chance of Leicester. Villa's now playing catchup with Tottenham, and Arsenal is all but dead in the race for 4th with so many sides in front of them that can go on a run. On form, Liverpool would probably take guaranteed Europa and run.

West Ham is its own special case, but my guess would be that they won't outrace Chelsea or Leicester. That said, their run-in is fairly easy and they do tend to take care of business against the bottom half both home and away. That match in May could be pivotal.
Utd are on a bad run won 2/8 surprised me that. They play City next but know Utd they will win that

Status
Not open for further replies.