Wes Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Super Sylvian was 32 when he came - granted he has had less injries the Brown, hes actually been fit for the last few season - apparently the reason he isnt in the Utd team is that he called Fergie a very bad name, jokingly in front of younger players last summer in America - Fergie hasnt looked at him since.

Can you blame him with that hair.

Super Sylvian was 32 when he came - granted he has had less injries the Brown, hes actually been fit for the last few season - apparently the reason he isnt in the Utd team is that he called Fergie a very bad name, jokingly in front of younger players last summer in America - Fergie hasnt looked at him since.

When I said he was old I meant comparatively. Heitinga is a lot younger.

But yes, Sylvain's 33 now I think and in the form of his career, so age isn't always a bad thing.

He's not a bad player and if he comes as back up then fair enough. I thought our defence needs improving to be honest, some of the goals we conceded last season were a joke and due to our inability to score goals it went unoticed. I would think if we are after any Man utd defender it would more likely be O'Shea, hes younger and more versatile with him being able to play all across the back line (cover for Baines) aswell as defensive mid but if we are as skint as it seems then we should put all our money towards attacking players rather than spend it on 30+ defenders.

I remember not so long ago he got played at right-back for United and england at right-back and he was probably the best in the country in that position for a while, has been a good centre-back as well, definitely worth signing for 3 mil

He´s got that winnign mentality that is needed. We have lost too many stupid games, and need one who know what it takes to win at any cost. I personallty think it is a suberb signing

He´s got that winnign mentality that is needed. We have lost too many stupid games, and need one who know what it takes to win at any cost. I personallty think it is a suberb signing

Just because you play in a team used to winning, does not mean that you have a winning mentality. Brown is not game-changer and like others have said he was in the England team because, a) no other alternative, b) plays for United.

I hate when we take the United rejects, IMO none have done anything worthwhile to our team, Neville is as limited a footballer you'll ever see, Saha is great, but is on average injured for ever other game, Howard can have the odd supergame, but he is nothing compared to Martyn.

Why don't we look at young hungry players instead of old has-beens who are just looking for a final paycheck?

what a statement of intent that would be. ffs, how bad is it going to get before people realise the board have NOT done their job AGAIN.

Status
Not open for further replies.