Well well well...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TX Bill

Player Valuation: £80m
...looks like we weren't skint after all and were able to break our transfer record in bringing in Fellani.

Anyone wanna attempt to spin this in a negative fashion? How about "we really don't have any money yadda yadda yadda..."

Let me give you a piece of advice and tell you not to bother. You'll save yourself the embarassment.

I couldn't be bothered to go through and multiquote everyone who was just absolutely adamant we didn't have any funds in this window. You know who you are and suffice it to say, you were dead wrong on this.

...but you had fun moaning about it didn't you?

:mad::mad:

lol Bill, the general reaction from this lot so far has been along the lines of "£15m for a player unproven in the Prem is a huge gamble" and "... but it's not Moutihno".

No pleasing some people..

Don't worry, the negative nancys will be sure to somehow spin this into "we really didn't spend any money" because it was basically a wash with the Johnson and McFadden sales.

Unfortunately for them however, that doesn't compute.

Not spending any money this window means just that, not spending any money this window.

I'm confident they'll conveniently forget that minor detail. lollol

To be fair Bill, we've spent hardly anything at all taking into account the money received for Johnson. I personally thought, until a week or so ago, that we had upwards of £25m to spend. But January is beckoning I suppose :D

To be fair Bill, we've spent hardly anything at all taking into account the money received for Johnson. I personally thought, until a week or so ago, that we had upwards of £25m to spend. But January is beckoning I suppose :D

I agree Nebb, we should have spent more. I think this is more directed at everyone yesterday that were adamant that we were not signing anyone at all.

Oh, no doubt that it's a wash compared to what we sold.

But my point was clearly aimed at those who were just so sure that even after selling AJ this year, that we wouldn't be bringing anyone in except on loan deals.

They got it wrong.

Massively.

But January is beckoning I suppose :D

Aye, it is, and hasn't Mountiho got a buy out clause that can be activated before June each year? Oh [Poor language removed], here we go again.... :blink:

[QUOTEBut January is beckoning I suppose :D

Aye, it is, and hasn't Mountiho got a buy out clause that can be activated before June each year? Oh [Poor language removed], here we go again.... :blink:[/quote]

yup, and the forks have been left in the pie for the work permit for Obinna, also Appiah is still a possibility. etc etc. All of which can still happen.

I agree Nebb, we should have spent more. I think this is more directed at everyone yesterday that were adamant that we were not signing anyone at all.

It was looking that way for alot of the day to be honest, I think people where just trying to be realistic. We don't usually pull transfers out the hat like that, thankfully the management at Everton came through and got there man. Good to see actually, it's been a very frustrating summer.

I personally expected a big name merely because of all the pressure the manager and chairman would have been under given the state of play. Still, it was a worry last night with nothing apparently happening. Fortunately before I hit the sack I got wind of a Belgian site stating that a deal had been agreed and the player was signed. That gave me a crumb of comfort until I could check the state of play this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.