Welcome Nuno

Status
Not open for further replies.
You could well be right and it all goes to crap but we’ll have a better chance of doing something if loads of the match going fans aren’t against an appointment before they’ve even tried.
I would have been more on board with a potter or a lampard even. That tells you everything, how I feel about this appointment. We know what we’re are getting. 532 dull as dish water football, no passion from the side lines. The same cowardly players, still playing every week.

The tweets about make sure we turn up next week abs how Europe is still mathematically possible. Blah blah blah

A Wolves supporter came on here earlier on in the week he said he was up there as one of the best managers they've had in they're history, got to say had my reservations but he did turn me a bit, let's give him a chance everyone ,I'm at loss who can sort this squad out let's get behind him if reports are true.

In general when an Everton team sits back allowing the opposition to dominate the ball Goodison tends to react impatiently and increasingly angrily towards the team.
If this is the style of play he intends to coach here , he will be in for a rough ride.
Yeah i get that, his style is at best boring as hell.. i think his Wolves team failed to score in over 60% first half of matches, and on that alone i can see the crowd getting on his back.
But Carlo let the opposition dominate the ball, even the teams in the relegation zone, but was lauded by many as its a results business at all costs.. Nuno's win % at Wolves is better than Carlo at Everton so what we saying?
He took Wolves above us for 2 out of past 3 seasons on the back of them being a newly promoted team.
On here we talk about wanting Conte and Simeone as if they'd want to come here off the back of winning major league titles and qualifying for CL.
We got Carlo as he's over the hill and we threw big money at him at the right time.
He was an anomaly.
Nuno, Potter, Howe etc sadly are our level as we're simply a proven PL midtable side (no better) and not a team competing for trophies.

Palace called it off due to his demands, not sure you can say that means he is not good enough for them, but hey…
They did not exactly push for him did they, I presume we have given in to his demands (ie we wanted him more than Palace did)

My biggest issue with Nuno isn't actually with Nuno, it's with the idiots in charge. I actually like him as he seems rather genuine and down to earth but the football was woeful last year and he's going to be much of the same. I don't understand what the vetting process is in this club beyond "have they been in the Premier League and done very little?"

They did not exactly push for him did they, I presume we have given in to his demands (ie we wanted him more than Palace did)
Interesting a tweet I saw that was shared. Paddy Boyland, who works fir the Athletic. Abs I do think him and okeefe do have contacts at the club these days.

From 3 days ago, Saying Everton weren’t sold on Nuno, neither a big name or someone who they think can build something straight Away. If this is true then it’s even more embarrassing and shows how poorly run we’re

Obviously I’d back him but seems like such an uninspired choice. I think most people if you gave a list of Moyes, Galtier, Potter, Martinez or him he’d probably be everyone’s last choice even after Martinez and Moyes.

The most worrying thing for me is that apparently last season went poorly for him because he believe in a small squad and injuries ruined him but Jimenez was I think the only long term injury, we’ll be looking at the exact same issue this year we’re not gonna add 5 new players AND keep the remaining ones we have on top of that most of the squad is made of paper.

Can anyone, without being all doom and gloom, give a positive slant on him with us? He doesn’t even guarantee a consistent 7th-10th place in my opinion.
buddy it is U that is the problem. the good people of grandoldteam.com should rise up and chase u out of their community as they would a vampire. u suck all life out of the everton buddy.

Really don't understand the hate on Nuno.

Wolves were excellent for 2 seasons. Really, really good for a newly promoted side.

They were off it this season after losing Jiminez to that injury and Jota. Huge losses to their squad. That and it was a pretty erratic season for everyone.

He seems like a good manager who implies discipline and a style of football. Something this squad is desperate for.

Happy to give him a chance. Plus who else is going to come to us really? Whats attractive about us? 10th place under Carlo Ancelotti...

One would have to question the strategy of the senior management of the club, it appears we had a way forward and that was to bring in a manager with a proven track record to move us forward. The individual we picked moved to a bigger club and we appear to abandon that strategy and go for a wholly different approach. We need direction, we need an over arching strategy, we can’t keep flipping flopping from one calamity to another. We are a club with a great history, a heritage but no future because we have lost the edge to be successful. To be successful we need to believe in what we are doing, my plea to the board is to pick a plan and stick to it. We seem uncertain in what we want, uncertainty is no basis for success.
It is interesting to me in this context to study Wolves.
Since their extremely wealthy owners acquired Wolves they have declared their intention to steer Wolves into the CL places and establish themselves as a genuine top club,
To this end they diligently improved the ground, created a dialogue with the supporters and even emulated our own EITC to an extent.
More importantly they selected and financially supported Santos to get them out of the Championship and into the PL, which he achieved taking them to 7th place finishes and into Europe.
However after a poor position this season they seem to have evaluated his overall performance and decided he is not equipped to take them to that next step on their journey to the top.
Yet we ,with identical ambitions and similar funding, have decided to employ the man they discarded.
Personally it is obvious they decided that the passive style of football Santos favours will not be good enough to gain entry into the elite placings , I tend to agree.
Clearly one club has got it wrong and given how far they have progressed in recent years compared to our performance in a similar timescale, I would tend to the judgement of the Wolves board as opposed to our own.
We will now see I suppose.

Interesting a tweet I saw that was shared. Paddy Boyland, who works fir the Athletic. Abs I do think him and okeefe do have contacts at the club these days.

From 3 days ago, Saying Everton weren’t sold on Nuno, neither a big name or someone who they think can build something straight Away. If this is true then it’s even more embarrassing and shows how poorly run we’re

As much as I don’t like the board, it’s hearsay isn’t it, we don’t know what has been said behind the scenes. Look at how the media bombard people with different managers being linked, opportunism.

Don’t forget there is a increasing number of subscription only outlets too, got to gain audiences somehow.

I’m not overwhelmed, but the negatively on hear screams of the dummy being spat out massively.

He’s been managing in the premier league for 3 years, and in 2 of those finished above us, with a side he got promoted, finishing top 7 in his first 2 seasons. In his second season, he finished 7th, whilst taking wolves on a decent European campaign.

Going back to December 2019 (when we got Carlo), if we would have some how gotten Nuno, half the posters on here would been made up. But all of sudden, one bad season, where they lost Jota and Jimenez, and we are like, “no… we’re better than that.”

finally, it’s funny how fans can be against a managerial appointment, but it can work out. Look at West Ham fans with Moyes.

As much as I don’t like the board, it’s hearsay isn’t it, we don’t know what has been said behind the scenes. Look at how the media bombard people with different managers being linked, opportunism.

Don’t forget there is a increasing number of subscription only outlets too, got to gain audiences somehow.
Maybe but, when you hear that paddy speak on the podcasts he doesn’t come across like he’s just trying to get subscribers. The athletic is promoted all over the place.

he seems more of a, if I’m not sure I’m not going to make it up.

I’m not overwhelmed, but the negatively on hear screams of the dummy being spat out massively.

He’s been managing in the premier league for 3 years, and in 2 of those finished above us, with a side he got promoted, finishing top 7 in his first 2 seasons. In his second season, he finished 7th, whilst taking wolves on a decent European campaign.

Going back to December 2019 (when we got Carlo), if we would have some how gotten Nuno, half the posters on here would been made up. But all of sudden, one bad season, where they lost Jota and Jimenez, and we are like, “no… we’re better than that.”

finally, it’s funny how fans can be against a managerial appointment, but it can work out. Look at West Ham fans with Moyes.
That’s the thing though, if he was still wolves manger now, he wouldn’t be Everton’s tomorrow. Free agent just Smacks of the easy option.

Yeah i get that, his style is at best boring as hell.. i think his Wolves team failed to score in over 60% first half of matches, and on that alone i can see the crowd getting on his back.
But Carlo let the opposition dominate the ball, even the teams in the relegation zone, but was lauded by many as its a results business at all costs.. Nuno's win % at Wolves is better than Carlo at Everton so what we saying?
He took Wolves above us for 2 out of past 3 seasons on the back of them being a newly promoted team.
On here we talk about wanting Conte and Simeone as if they'd want to come here off the back of winning major league titles and qualifying for CL.
We got Carlo as he's over the hill and we threw big money at him at the right time.
He was an anomaly.
Nuno, Potter, Howe etc sadly are our level as we're simply a proven PL midtable side (no better) and not a team competing for trophies.
Ancelotti’s main advantage was his past successes gave people the belief that he could improve the team given time, which allowed me to hope we could at the very least gain some stability and build .
He was also fortunate that most of the games were played without crowds because the home form was shocking and the football dire.
Santos will not have that advantage , and he does not play attacking football which I think means he will have to get results quickly to stop the supporters turning against him.
I would have preferred a braver choice, not a ‘big name’ manager necessarily but a younger up and coming manager who coached fast attacking football.
I am so tired of watching Everton teams playing defensive , dour football and with each failed managerial appointment my patience and forbearance grows shorter while my disillusionment and disbelief grow commensurately stronger.

Status
Not open for further replies.