Welcome Nuno

Status
Not open for further replies.
Embarrassing saying you’re done with the club or against him from the off. Even if I hated the guy I’d want him to do great as it means success for the club.
I think it’s because we know he won’t. Ok we are probably 3/4 years away from potentially building a good side If we get the right players( obvious I know)

This is why this was a opportunity to re-set and maybe build something with a young exciting manager. With modern ideas. Any manager can set up a defensive system and hope to nick a few wins here’s and there. Long term it will never be successful.

We will be back here in 12/18 months. I don’t know where Moshiri goes after this. I do t care how much he spends or builds the ground, eventually the fans will turn on him.

He needs to get the right people in, though I sti think he will always have the final say abs be swayed be agents in his ear.

Or sell up and get kenwright, DBB, unsworth, Ferguson out the club. And hopefully get a professional outfit in to run the club properly top to bottom.

Obviously I’d back him but seems like such an uninspired choice. I think most people if you gave a list of Moyes, Galtier, Potter, Martinez or him he’d probably be everyone’s last choice even after Martinez and Moyes.

The most worrying thing for me is that apparently last season went poorly for him because he believe in a small squad and injuries ruined him but Jimenez was I think the only long term injury, we’ll be looking at the exact same issue this year we’re not gonna add 5 new players AND keep the remaining ones we have on top of that most of the squad is made of paper.

Can anyone, without being all doom and gloom, give a positive slant on him with us? He doesn’t even guarantee a consistent 7th-10th place in my opinion.

I don't mind him really. Bit of a come down after Carlo but Carlo didn't exactly pull up any trees. Not a chance of getting Mancini or Conte because...............well because we are Everton and not exactly a top dog. Glad we didn't go for Moyes or Howe so I am fairly satisfied with Nuno. Reading all comments on managers and the total division of opinion it looks like any manager would not have us unified. Whoever we get will have my full support other than Moyes or Howe.

Wolves are not a team that thrashes anyone, they win games just but are not a goal scoring team, he seems like someone on the way down, as he was at Valencia and at Porto (he was sacked at Porto and Wolves was 'mutual consent'). Only 5 teams managed less than a goal a game last year, the bottom four plus Wolves.

I like the man but I suspect he's better renting rather than buying a house.

I may be wrong

Will Big Dunc be the Assistant?
I don’t want Nuno, but if he gets rid of Duncan and makes it clear to brands he doesn’t want Andre Gomes. Then maybe my opinion could change. I won’t hold my breath. You can imagine him in conversation with Moshiri and bill over his shoulder, saying Dunc says as number 2 about 20times a minute

Nothing against Nuno but what an unisnpiring and lazy appointment. Recently sacked/quit manager from the prem. We cant possibly have looked at all other avenues.

The top clubs have in depth dossiers on managers for contingency plans or future reference. I don’t think we do that in all honesty.

That's what I was trying to convey in the "next manager" thread. We have literally no focus on how we want the team to play. We CONSTANTLY hire managers with completely different styles that basically need to sell everyone we have and buy more players. And they fail because you can't do that. So we are supposedly hiring a manager we have MAYBE 2 players who can play the style he does? We're meant to back him and buy him a new team. If he fails then we have a ton of players that are meant to play a certain way but can't any other way which the majority of football plays. Look at Spurs, they bought Wolves RB/RWB and he's been awful because the way he played for Wolves is completely different than the majority of football plays.

We're absolutely a trainwreck and Moshiri is seriously leading us down really suspect paths.
Absolutely bang on ,just can't believe the mess ,but still got to hope something clicks whoever we got in at the moment wouldn't suit this mishmash mash of a squad hopefully whoever takes charge has a full clear out and start again sad times imo

Wolves are not a team that thrashes anyone, they win games just but are not a goal scoring team, he seems like someone on the way down, as he was at Valencia and at Porto (he was sacked at Porto and Wolves was 'mutual consent'). Only 5 teams managed less than a goal a game last year, the bottom four plus Wolves.

I like the man but I suspect he's better renting rather than buying a house.

I may be wrong
I’m already seeing the stats on Twitter. One on the worst pressing teams in Europe. Ran the least Miles of any prem club last season.
this is going to be fun

Wolves are not a team that like scoring goals, if they win it is usually by keeping a clean sheet and nicking a goal, only 5 teams managed less than a goal a game last year, the bottom 4 plus Wolves. He relies on certain players and will probably need to bring in the type of player he fancies rather than work with what he's left. I feel like he's a manager who starts well before being on the way down as he was with Valencia, Porto and Wolves.

I would advise he rents a property rather than buys, I may be wrong but I suspect we are in for another 18 month period with Nuno

Status
Not open for further replies.