Welcome Nuno

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose if you consider scratching out a win and getting reamed in the other matches equal to what Everton have done in the same time period...alright.
Are you going to tell me our record against the RS is better than Wolves since Nuno took them over?

I'm happy enough with Nuno Santo. He knows what english football is all about. He did a great job at Wolves, and he did alright in Spain with Valencia as well finishing 4th. It's a come down from Ancelotti, but that would be the case for whoever we appointed. Hopefully he'll do a good job for us. Considering some of the other candidates linked for the job, Rafael Beneath Us, Eddie i got taken to the cleaners by the rs Howe, and the second coming of David Moyes, this guy will do me fine.

In what way?
In general when an Everton team sits back allowing the opposition to dominate the ball Goodison tends to react impatiently and increasingly angrily towards the team.
If this is the style of play he intends to coach here , he will be in for a rough ride.

I'm fine with it. It was the first name I mentioned when Ancelotti left.

I'd rather have Mancini or Conte, but hey-ho, we aren't getting them.
Fair mate. Think we're all in that boat of wanting a big name manager. Whoever we appoint was always going to be a let down after Carlo unless it was a Conte/ Mancini type. The whole point of Carlo was to take us to a level that the Conte/ Mancini type managers of the world found us attractive. He really has left us up 'brown' creek with his unexpected departure. I'd argue his departure has set us back esp with how we finished. Real crap situation overall.

However I'll back Nuno, we have to. At the very minimum at least we know the desire is there and he's got the hunger at 47 to become a top manager.

Goodison is going to eat him alive.

Genuinely can't see many people affording him the time here. It's practically Allardyce-esque this.
We literally just had a season and a half of Samcelotti, I'm sure we'll cope if the results are there.

I think it’s because we know he won’t. Ok we are probably 3/4 years away from potentially building a good side If we get the right players( obvious I know)

This is why this was a opportunity to re-set and maybe build something with a young exciting manager. With modern ideas. Any manager can set up a defensive system and hope to nick a few wins here’s and there. Long term it will never be successful.

We will be back here in 12/18 months. I don’t know where Moshiri goes after this. I do t care how much he spends or builds the ground, eventually the fans will turn on him.

He needs to get the right people in, though I sti think he will always have the final say abs be swayed be agents in his ear.

Or sell up and get kenwright, DBB, unsworth, Ferguson out the club. And hopefully get a professional outfit in to run the club properly top to bottom.
You could well be right and it all goes to crap but we’ll have a better chance of doing something if loads of the match going fans aren’t against an appointment before they’ve even tried.

Shame there will be only small or even no crowds again next season. Nothing like a crowd atmosphere to get the team rocking. That was one reason why Carlo the Rat got away with his rubbish style played by rubbish players. Press conferences are easy compared with crowd reactions. Nuno might get away with it next season if things go wrong. Naturally I hope he succeeds.

One would have to question the strategy of the senior management of the club, it appears we had a way forward and that was to bring in a manager with a proven track record to move us forward. The individual we picked moved to a bigger club and we appear to abandon that strategy and go for a wholly different approach. We need direction, we need an over arching strategy, we can’t keep flipping flopping from one calamity to another. We are a club with a great history, a heritage but no future because we have lost the edge to be successful. To be successful we need to believe in what we are doing, my plea to the board is to pick a plan and stick to it. We seem uncertain in what we want, uncertainty is no basis for success.

Status
Not open for further replies.