We need to talk about Kevin..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't get this, how many 'poor days' does Mirallas have in comparison with any other winger in the country? It's pretty much in their nature to have off days, it goes with the territory.

There's an obvious agenda from the manager when it comes down to this. Martinez obviously rates and trusts Kone because of that one season at Wigan, which is gutting for me because I think Mirallas is one of our best players. He practically dragged us through the first half of last year.
I never quite understand this argument.

Why would a manager leave out a player other than for football or disciplinary reasons ?
Who will benefit most if a player comes into the team and does well....the manager. The manager could probably have moved the player on during the summer but chose not to , why would he commit a substantial portion of his wages budget to a new contract for the player only to ignore to supposedly show him who is boss or to teach him some lesson or other...it makes no sense.

A poster on a different thread made the most sensible reply I have seen. He suggested that it is difficult to play Deulofeu and Mirallas in the same team as neither are strong defensively and to play both could make a bad situation worse.

Mirallas is not a winger. Kone is not a midfielder. RM shouldn't be playing either as a left midfielder in a 4-2-3-1.

RM needs to change the system or the personnel.

This is unfortunate as Mirallas and Kone could play a role in other places on the field. (4-3-3, 4-4-2)

If Oviedo could stay fit, I think he'd be a cracking left winger for us

Has the defensive nous to track back as well

Lennon,Cleverley,Baines,Pienaar

Reason all are team players

One not even fit and is 34, Baines and Cleverley would be out of position. Lennon I like as a player but wonder if he has the guile to play on the wrong flank.

Mirallas has two feet, creativity, links up with Lukaku and is I doc our top finishers.

There's clearly something between him and Martinez now as he hasn't issue being a team player in RM's first season or Moyes' last.

Why would a manager leave out a player other than for football or disciplinary reasons ?
Who will benefit most if a player comes into the team and does well....the manager. The manager could probably have moved the player on during the summer but chose not to , why would he commit a substantial portion of his wages budget to a new contract for the player only to ignore to supposedly show him who is boss or to teach him some lesson or other...it makes no sense.

A poster on a different thread made the most sensible reply I have seen. He suggested that it is difficult to play Deulofeu and Mirallas in the same team as neither are strong defensively and to play both could make a bad situation worse.

And Kone is better defensively? I'm not buying that argument whatsoever. He leaves a gaping hole on whatever flank he's supposed to be on. Mirallas definitely doesn't shirk defensive responsibility either and often puts in a shift, at least no less than Kone.

For Mirallas to have played as little as he has this year shows a definite agenda from Martinez. As I said, that doesn't bother me. All manager's have their favourites and their preferred players, the problem comes when it's not working for them and they leave themselves open to criticism.

The anti Kev sentiment is coming from a certain group because he and Martinez had a spat over the penalty situation

If Kev played exactly the same way and had exactly the same attitude, but Martinez loved him, you wouldn't be seeing the venomous attacks on Kev from certain people that you're already seeing

He's become collateral damage

I dont think thats 100% true. For myself, i just want to see a balanced team and squad which Martinez has put together.

if he wants to keep players or move them on we need to see what we end up with.

whose to say if we sold mirallas we wouldnt get a much better player for the system instead?

Playing kone is totally bizarre though and i think really by the summer Martinez needs to have upgraded the LW and GK positions at the very least.

If mirallas wants to make the euros team he needs to leave, simple as that, seems odd he didnt get any offers weve heard of in the summer so perhaps something we dont know? Id have thought a top team could have been in for him but nada.

In which case why not sign a LM rather than Lennon? Or why not move naismith on in the summer earlier than the last day?

i think martinez just wants to gradually change the squad but Cleverley then kone both did well and now hes looking at mirallas and maismith and thinking they could fetch decent amounts for him to sign his own players.

I dont think thats 100% true. For myself, i just want to see a balanced team and squad which Martinez has put together.

if he wants to keep players or move them on we need to see what we end up with.

whose to say if we sold mirallas we wouldnt get a much better player for the system instead?

Playing kone is totally bizarre though and i think really by the summer Martinez needs to have upgraded the LW and GK positions at the very least.

If mirallas wants to make the euros team he needs to leave, simple as that, seems odd he didnt get any offers weve heard of in the summer so perhaps something we dont know? Id have thought a top team could have been in for him but nada.

Not every bit of interest makes it onto footballrumours.co.uk, if Mirallas was available there'd be plenty of interest.

Goal scoring winger who'd improve the majority of squads within the Premier League. Even Spurs yesterday had Lamella on the wing, Mirallas has shown himself to be a superior player to him.

Not every bit of interest makes it onto footballrumours.co.uk, if Mirallas was available there'd be plenty of interest.

Goal scoring winger who'd improve the majority of squads within the Premier League. Even Spurs yesterday had Lamella on the wing, Mirallas has shown himself to be a superior player to him.

Lamela was top class before he went to spurs. Hes been adapting i think and just this season is coming good...i said we should have put in a cheeky bid for him when he was out of favour...

I think if we had a decent offer in the summer we would have heard something and he wouldnt have extended his contract.

it seemed like he was definitely leaving then suddenly signed, my guess is because no one of note made a bid...all a bit odd.

I really don't get this, how many 'poor days' does Mirallas have in comparison with any other winger in the country? It's pretty much in their nature to have off days, it goes with the territory.

There's an obvious agenda from the manager when it comes down to this. Martinez obviously rates and trusts Kone because of that one season at Wigan, which is gutting for me because I think Mirallas is one of our best players. He practically dragged us through the first half of last year.

What? No he didn't, he was injured against pool and then out for 2 months. It was baines that got us through

Maybe we'll go defensive and counter on Wednesday.

Midfield of Barry, Besic and McCarthy/Cleverly.

Geri, Kev and Rom up top.

Status
Not open for further replies.