We need to talk about Kevin..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think it'll be him or Cleverley on the left versus City.

I'd probably start Clevs, and bring on Mirallas as the first change if it's still 0-0 or we need a goal.

Then he must start in the FA Cup. Hopefully he'd get a few and get the confidence up. We look a better side with a motivated Kev in it - as the OP said we did against Newcastle.

On his good days, KM is very, very good forward and better than both Kone and Nais individually or put together.
On his poor days, KM is a liability/luxury we cannot afford.
El Bob has to make the big decision before KM makes it for him - either play him or sell him.
Watching MotD last night, both Hartson and Kilbane agreed that when an in/out player gets selected, it's up to the player to make the most of his chance and give the manager that alleged nice headache.

Mo Besic did exactly that yesterday in a quite marvellous 25-minute performance.

But he played alright at Newcastle didn't he? Or do people still hate him because they think he hates Martinez?

Average performance. His omission is more so "football politics" than poor form or ability. As far as disliking Martinez, anyone in Miralles' shoes would feel the same way and I can totally understand it. Bit of a slap in the face having Kone start over you, seeing as though - age wise - you are in your prime and were previously a poster boy for the club

I said it before the season Mirallas doesn't suit the left, he will contribute for any team when on form but it doesn't hide the fact he doesn't suit playing on the left positionally, just as Kone is starting to show the exact same problem.

It worked perfectly with Pienaar because he would drift a little but always be available on the left rarely would you see Pienaar pop up in a RW position like Mirallas and Kone will during a game in frustration of not seeing the ball and thats why we have become unbalanced again like we were in the years of Baines and Pienaar and nothing down the right.

Yarmelenko isn't the answer either when we were linked with him, great for the right side but another player who likes to cut in from the right won't suddenly want to hug the line on the left or cut in on his far weaker foot.

If we keep Geri which i don't see any real possibility of losing him (still incredibly raw at times) then the left has to be a Pienaar, converted #10 type player who drifts around a bit but provides a good balance, Dries Mertens would be my choice for that type of role

People criticise RM for not playing Kevin Mirallas more , but you have to say that he seems to be more highly rated by some Everton supporters than by others clubs or other managers.

There simply is no demand for Kevin Mirallas , now or last summer. There must be a reason for this.

Yes, we are in 11th place, but certain aspects of our play are worthy of being in the top four.
Our defending is of a relegation standard.
The manager has to solve the problem about defending without losing the attacking threat and that is the challenge that he faces.

I don't think KM will leave this month, but I would not be surprised to see him leave in the summer.

When he's good, he's good. When he's bad, he's utterly terrible. He breaks down attacks dribbling in to trouble, doesn't pass, whinges like a bish when things don't go his way and runs out of steam after 70 minutes.

I know he hasn't had an awful lot of time to demonstrate this season but in the time he has had he's done absolutely nothing of note.

I said it before the season Mirallas doesn't suit the left, he will contribute for any team when on form but it doesn't hide the fact he doesn't suit playing on the left positionally, just as Kone is starting to show the exact same problem.

It worked perfectly with Pienaar because he would drift a little but always be available on the left rarely would you see Pienaar pop up in a RW position like Mirallas and Kone will during a game in frustration of not seeing the ball and thats why we have become unbalanced again like we were in the years of Baines and Pienaar and nothing down the right.

Yarmelenko isn't the answer either when we were linked with him, great for the right side but another player who likes to cut in from the right won't suddenly want to hug the line on the left or cut in on his far weaker foot.

If we keep Geri which i don't see any real possibility of losing him (still incredibly raw at times) then the left has to be a Pienaar, converted #10 type player who drifts around a bit but provides a good balance, Dries Mertens would be my choice for that type of role

Why not another deulofeu type to stretch the opposition?

besic,barkley and mccarthy in the centre and we would be looking very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.