We don't need to strengthen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as I like Barry and I can see what job he does, I honestly am not sure whether I would want him on a perm. way too slow.

Martinez said that he would get us ito the Champions League. He has also said that it has surprised him how quickly the team picked up what he wanted of them. I think it was always Martinez's plan to do the big spending in the Summer, and I'm sure all last summer, targeted his players with exactly this in mind. He may have a list with exactl who he wants, and what prices he can get them at (dont be thinking all negotiations start on the 1st day of the window). If him spending money now, on a player that would likely be 20% more expensive cause its January, meant it wasn't available for the players he has in mind for Summer, then I'm glad he didn't spend it.

If we go into next season with a smaller squad and bringing in more money that we spend though. I'm windmilling!!!

As much as I like Barry and I can see what job he does, I honestly am not sure whether I would want him on a perm. way too slow.

Barry, with options in the squad to rotate/rest him, would be nothing but an asset to the club. Definitely should sign I think.

And I understand the scepticism of what we might do in the summer, but thinking we will go back to Swansea and Wigan instead of actually buying a bit of quality is just a tad too far on the negative side.

Having said that I think everybody should be in the "lets see in the summer and if its a negative net spend go mental" camp by now. There has to be a point when everybody is questioning this.

Players with a long history of injury records will not suddenly be available for 20/30 odd matches next season. I do not expect Gibson, Alcaraz and Kone to play a fair part because they probably will not be available for half a season.

Alcaraz is a waste of time. Spent near all of last season injured, and all of this season injured. He should be replaced in the summer, the only thing that may save him is EL qualification and Bobby's soft spot for him.

Kone and more so Gibson may be injury prone but will be worthy squad members with plenty of football in them.

Any sensible manager wouldn't come in and change everything, bringing in too many players straight away. Think waiting for the summer for potential big signings has been very sensible by Roberto.

Martinez said that he would get us ito the Champions League. He has also said that it has surprised him how quickly the team picked up what he wanted of them. I think it was always Martinez's plan to do the big spending in the Summer, and I'm sure all last summer, targeted his players with exactly this in mind. He may have a list with exactl who he wants, and what prices he can get them at (dont be thinking all negotiations start on the 1st day of the window). If him spending money now, on a player that would likely be 20% more expensive cause its January, meant it wasn't available for the players he has in mind for Summer, then I'm glad he didn't spend it.

If we go into next season with a smaller squad and bringing in more money that we spend though. I'm windmilling!!!

Your face is going to be a picture when the eve before deadline day arrives.

Manager has made a couple of statements;

A-- We have money there to sign Lukaku if he becomes available.

B-- We have money available as we sold over 40mil of players.

Anyone questioning these statements are either stupid or believe Martinez is lying to the fans. Or of course they have an agenda of negativity.

Anyone questioning these statements are either stupid or believe Martinez is lying to the fans. Or of course they have an agenda of negativity.

How much do you reckon Bobby has to spend right now, this very day. If the window was open today how much do you think he has avaiable to spend, roughly like as a guess.

Always liked Leon Britton, wouldn't mind Robby bringing him in. Doubtful though as Leon is a Swansea hero, hasn't he played in every division for them?

Call me nuts, but for me I think it's nailed on that we will sign Tom Cleverley. Didn't he play for Martinez at Wigan and he absolutely raved about him.

If he becomes available for 8-10 million then I reckon it will be signed, sealed and delivered.

Not sure how I feel about the prospect of it happening. He's obviously getting the brunt if the abuse for Uniteds demise, but I'm not sure he's ever been the player to dictate games. He's a mobile Gareth Barry to me, keeps things ticking. Not sure why utd fans don't notice that both their full backs, CBs, and the majority of their wingers are absolute pap which could have as much as a factor on their results as tom Cleverley.

Just a thought. VAULT ME

Tom Cleverley isnt a bad player, hes just utterly average, he does nothing well, but I think I said the same about McCarthy prior to us signing him, look how that turned out. We wont be signing Leon Britton tho and I think I would cry if we did, we have our own Leon.

Your face is going to be a picture when the eve before deadline day arrives.

brokenrecord.jpg

He did lie to us tho, he said we would come out of the last window stronger than when we entered, we came out of the window without a fit striker in the squad and it cost us, 3 defeats in 4 games, that doesnt seem stronger to me.

You say negativity, I say reality.

The acid test is the Summer, the last time we actually spent money was 2009, we have had a net spend of minus 38m or so since then, his words mean nothing to me anymore, only action will do.

Status
Not open for further replies.