We don't need to strengthen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's a mobile Gareth Barry to me, keeps things ticking. Not sure why utd fans don't notice that both their full backs, CBs, and the majority of their wingers are absolute pap which could have as much as a factor on their results as tom Cleverley.
Nah, he's more a wannabe McCarthy with an ego. He gets given the same job at Utd, terrier around the pitch, don't get forward, watch for counter-attacks and pass the ball to Carrick for distribution. James is effective at it, Cleverley not so much.

Nah, he's more a wannabe McCarthy with an ego. He gets given the same job at Utd, terrier around the pitch, don't get forward, watch for counter-attacks and pass the ball to Carrick for distribution. James is effective at it, Cleverley not so much.

Yeh mate you might be right. I have no real opinion on it as I was crucifying Gareth Barry to my mates before we signed him and ever since I've had major egg on face.

I do think it's an absolute banker though. Can you go to the bookies and just get them to create odds for you on anything? It's worth a few quid I reckon...

Manager has made a couple of statements;

A-- We have money there to sign Lukaku if he becomes available.

B-- We have money available as we sold over 40mil of players.

Anyone questioning these statements are either stupid or believe Martinez is lying to the fans. Or of course they have an agenda of negativity.

Or he's unaware of the reality of the situation that faces him. We've heard it all before with regards to there being money available when the transfer window opens.

For what it's worth I think we'll probably have a net spend of around £5m or so.

Baines OR Oviedo could be shipped out with whichever is left taking the left back role + Mirallas could be sold if a big enough offer came in -- otherwise I think the players we have are too old to be sold and hold no value or would not be sold anyway.

So other than one of the above two situations happening I cant see how their could be a negative net spend in the summer (I think its ridiculous to suggest otherwise).

Martinez' comments about having money for Lukaku and selling over 40mil worth of players = over 20mil for us to spend in summer. I reckon at least 25mil will be spent with a big move made for Lukaku.

Baines OR Oviedo could be shipped out with whichever is left taking the left back role + Mirallas could be sold if a big enough offer came in -- otherwise I think the players we have are too old to be sold and hold no value or would not be sold anyway.

So other than one of the above two situations happening I cant see how their could be a negative net spend in the summer (I think its ridiculous to suggest otherwise).

Martinez' comments about having money for Lukaku and selling over 40mil worth of players = over 20mil for us to spend in summer. I reckon at least 25mil will be spent with a big move made for Lukaku.

Baines isnt going anywhere, why on Earth would you wanna sell Oviedo or Mirallas?

Its like your living in a bubble, its as if your willing to ignore the last 8 transfer windows and chant a happy mantra that "WE WILL SPEND MONEY", sadly the reality will bite you pretty hard on the anus, prepare for doom and gloom, then if it doesnt happen, happiness is a bonus.

We sold 40m worth of players, in the summer we will also have an extra 30m or so from the improved TV deal, watch this space.

otherwise I think the players we have are too old to be sold and hold no value or would not be sold anyway.
What about McCarthy, barkley, coleman, and stones? i could certainly see city/chelsea/arsenal coming in for these.

Cleverley would be alright as a rotational player if we made it into europe, but would he want to swap us for United despite playing a similar role in the squad. Doubtful.

Cleverley would be alright as a rotational player if we made it into europe, but would he want to swap us for United despite playing a similar role in the squad. Doubtful.
I actually rate the lad, and let's be honest Gareth Barry isn't going to get through 2 games 4 days (assuming we have europe) the fella looks exhausted after 20 minutes most games.

Baines isnt going anywhere, why on Earth would you wanna sell Oviedo or Mirallas?

Its like your living in a bubble, its as if your willing to ignore the last 8 transfer windows and chant a happy mantra that "WE WILL SPEND MONEY", sadly the reality will bite you pretty hard on the anus, prepare for doom and gloom, then if it doesnt happen, happiness is a bonus.

We sold 40m worth of players, in the summer we will also have an extra 30m or so from the improved TV deal, watch this space.

If good money was offered for Kev I wouldn't be too unhappy to see him go. I'd be surprised if he gets any more consistent than he is now and next season would hope he is no more than a sub.

Obviously if selling but not replacing with somebody better....then no.

I'd have to agree with Goat if you cant, at the very least, admit its possible we will have ANOTHER negative net spend window then you are gone way too far on the positive side and ignoring the glaring evidence that we might get fooled again.

Certainly to suggest the idea is ridiculous is, well, ridiculous IMO.

[That's "Blades, post: 2568594, member: 24688"]What about McCarthy, barkley, coleman, and stones? i could certainly see city/chelsea/arsenal coming in for these.[/quote]

That's why I said "or would not be sold anyway".

Status
Not open for further replies.