We don't need to strengthen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've got three days and a problem.

C'mon Kenwright, you can't take it with you, do the decent thing. Come good and we'll name a stand after you.

hotdog%20stand.jpg

I don't understand why Vellios is ignored - by the coaching staff and us supporters. At least he hasn't been through a goal drought in the firsts.

He must get a chance now, surely, unless Traore does a 'Jelavic' for the rest of the season and doesn't get injured.

Using Barkley behind Mirallas and/or Naismith with McGeady on the right is another option that could be looked at if Traore doesn't shape up

Gotta try something, now.

He's been through a goal drought in the u21's tho. Look we need better than vellios. Time to get on the blower to michy and pay the money to trigger his release clause.

Similar to last year. Ran out of gas after the Xmas/New Year period and gave up on Europe places. Same reasons too. This PL comp needs a squad with depth, not in numbers alone but quality of numbers. It's an expensive game to be in and you need a sugar daddy.

This. It's unbelievable that we've left ourselves be caught in the same position as last year; on the cusp of Top 4 before Christmas then the collapse.
Yes, we do have more injuries now but, crucially, we actually have money to spend this year.

Before the window opened in my opinion we needed a striker to cover Kone a centre midfielder to cover Gibson and an attacking midfielder. We brought in McGeady which covered the attacking midfielder and brought in Traore as cover for Kone. Unfortunately we have sold Jelavic which means we are back to needing a striker and the aforementioned centre midfielder. McCarthy and Barry have been superb this season but I suspect they could both do with a rest.

I don't understand why Vellios is ignored - by the coaching staff and us supporters. At least he hasn't been through a goal drought in the firsts.

He must get a chance now, surely, unless Traore does a 'Jelavic' for the rest of the season and doesn't get injured.

Using Barkley behind Mirallas and/or Naismith with McGeady on the right is another option that could be looked at if Traore doesn't shape up

Gotta try something, now.

Vellios is a nob. He's been offered loan deals but refuses to go out on loan, despite clearly not being good enough for our first team. Barkley went out on loan last year despite being a much better player than Vellios will ever be.

At the rate strikers have performed for Everton since the days of Radzinski, it's hard to get excited about paying top dollar for a proven striker.

You aren't always going to be able to recoup your cost a la Jelavic or Anichebe.

Maybe loans are the way to go right now in that department. Don't know if there is a wrong answer on this.

You get what you pay for. We've been trying to find a 20 goal a season striker for around £5m, it's not going to happen.

To get a quality forward you need to spend big, like we did for Yakubu and he was probably the best striker we've had over the past decade until he picked up that injury.

He's been through a goal drought in the u21's tho. Look we need better than vellios. Time to get on the blower to michy and pay the money to trigger his release clause.

I'm sick do death with hearing that, Christiffa. I don't care what he does in the U21's. He scores where it matters - or has done.

OK, he may not do it consistently again, but how will we find out unless we give him the chance?

With our limited options, it's got to be worth a try.

We've carried Jelavic and Lukaku through so called goal droughts. What's the difference?

City - Aguero/Negredo
Arsenal - Giroud
Chelsea - Buying big in the summer no doubt
Liverpool - Suarez/Sturridge
United - RVP/Rooney

Everton - couple of loans and Vellios.

Imagine if we had a Suarez/Aguero type striker, we'd be laughing now. But we refuse to buy or spend over £5m on a striker, it's daft.

The striker is the most important player in the team, i don't care about the gk the defence or anyone else, Liverpool and City have shown this season...you score against us, we'll score more. Thats how it should be. Not we'll try and sneak a 1 0 and make sure the back 4 and Barry can stop any going in.

I'm not criticising RM or the players here btw, I'm over the moon with our season up until 2014.

But if we really think we're going to get Europe without a 20 goal a season striker we're in la la land.

The time has come for fans to start asking "why are we selling players and not buying" "why aren't we spending big on a top striker" "why every time when we get close to Europe do we not strengthen" "how do clubs around us spend big and reap the financial rewards, yet we sell and seem to be skint"

Status
Not open for further replies.