2017/18 Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
also try - great to see the greatest english midielder of recent times getting a job at a former top club, reckon derby will get promoted?

Can't agree on both points. Scholes was a better midfielder and reports are that the Derby owner is not putting any more money into the club, so it looks like Lampard will have to make do with what is already there. I think promotion is not on the cards.

So no transfer fee, we are still paying a chunk of his wages. And he comes back here as a coach. We treat him like he a club legend. He isn’t. He is a man that supports us and jibbed us off, by handing in a transfer request the day before the window closed, kissied the United badge when he scored against us, came back to us but wouldn’t take a pay cut, and even when he leaves us, still won’t take a pay cut.

He isn’t an Everton legend, he is a united legend. He saw us as a final pay check, and it hasn’t worked out, so now is going somewhere else for a final pay check, but we have to pay him for the privilege of him leaving.

Can’t wait for us to welcome Barkley back as a legend in 10 years time.

I'm no fan of Rooney but let's have it right. He did take a pay cut to come here. He was on reportedly £250K-£300K per week at Man Utd when he left. We won't be paying his wages once he leaves if the story is true which is why there is no transfer fee.

He came back in the hope he could help take the club forward. He couldn't. He's finished in this league and we were a mess last season. He is now being moved on as we have no place for him.

Goodbye Wayne, shame it didn't work but a lot of us knew from the off that it wouldn't.

If he comes back as a coach I hope he is a good one. We have Duncan Ferguson coaching the strikers currently. If Rooney ends up being a decent coach (like Arteta?) then we'd be remiss not to use him.

If Marcel Brands is the guy we want him to be then we don't have to worry about these jobs for the boys appointments in future anyway.

I'm no fan of Rooney but let's have it right. He did take a pay cut to come here. He was on reportedly £250K-£300K per week at Man Utd when he left. We won't be paying his wages once he leaves if the story is true which is why there is no transfer fee.

He came back in the hope he could help take the club forward. He couldn't. He's finished in this league and we were a mess last season. He is now being moved on as we have no place for him.

Goodbye Wayne, shame it didn't work but a lot of us knew from the off that it wouldn't.

If he comes back as a coach I hope he is a good one. We have Duncan Ferguson coaching the strikers currently. If Rooney ends up being a decent coach (like Arteta?) then we'd be remiss not to use him.

If Marcel Brands is the guy we want him to be then we don't have to worry about these jobs for the boys appointments in future anyway.
We are paying half of the 300k and United is paying the other half. He didn’t take a pay cut at all (which I don’t hold against him but it must be said).

He still gets the £300k he was on at united as they pay half. And the deal with Dc is that they are paying a proportion of his wages, so we are still paying part of it. I just don’t get the love in for him at all.

I hope it is goodbye for good this time. He can ponce off some other club when he pretends to be a coach or a manager in a few years time.

Status
Not open for further replies.