2017/18 Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahaha koff Wayne, the media are onto you now.

Rooney had struggled against another elite opponent and for him, this is becoming a dangerous theme. There are some games like against Brighton – when he performed majestically at the base of Everton’s midfield – when you start to believe this former world star can still do it. There have been other games – like Liverpool on Saturday when he was in a more advanced midfield position – and you remember what it was like watching Paul Gascoigne, though not the one in 1990, the one that showed up at Goodison Park a decade later when his legs had turned to jelly.

'Orchestrating it from deep'??????????

Sorry, but that is complete nonsense and blind to the facts. He does nothing of the sort.

Tell me one notable piece of 'orchestration' he has done this year?

He struggles to orchestrate one foot to the other and is a complete waste of space.

No other team in this division would tolerate him - never mind have brought him back and given him £150,000 a week

£150,000 A WEEK. We are a laughing stock.

I keep coming back to this post and howling with laughter.

Either a really dedicated wind up or one of the most embarrassingly misinformed ‘propah football fan’ posts I’ve ever seen.

Incredible stuff.

I keep coming back to this post and howling with laughter.

Either a really dedicated wind up or one of the most embarrassingly misinformed ‘propah football fan’ posts I’ve ever seen.

Incredible stuff.

Even more hilarious to think you disagree.

He's finished and has been for years, yet you laud him here.

You have the team you deserve right now. Rooney is taking us backwards not forwards.

But do, pray, enlighten me with some 'orchestration' education?

I think there are two aspects here

1.Is Rooney a liability - No . He has a bigger role to play off the field . HE is the leader , the guy who has won it all , the winning mentality , the guy who can absorb pressure in big matches n be the leader on pitch. He can play the role which scholes n giggs played in united in their last two years .

2.Is Rooney a liability at 150k per week - Well thats tricky . MAybe .. But with Moshiri loosening his wallet , maybe we can afford him as of now

I think there are two aspects here

1.Is Rooney a liability - No . He has a bigger role to play off the field . HE is the leader , the guy who has won it all , the winning mentality , the guy who can absorb pressure in big matches n be the leader on pitch. He can play the role which scholes n giggs played in united in their last two years .

2.Is Rooney a liability at 150k per week - Well thats tricky . MAybe .. But with Moshiri loosening his wallet , maybe we can afford him as of now

1. He isn’t a leader. Drink driving some drunk mess home stripped him of any credibility in that department. He got bummed off by a club who was no longer “winning it all” because he wasn’t good enough. Every time he is pressured he absorbs it by passing to the opposition. Scholes and Giggs were both still good players in their last two years, hence why United didn’t get rid of them. They even brought Scholes out of retirement.

2. Why on earth do we want to pay someone £150k p/w who can’t deliver in a. The majority and b. The biggest games? I don’t care how good he was for us in 2003, it’s 2018 now and he’s been finished for years.

He's been underwhelming...in a team that underwhelms (and that's putting it kindly!).
tbh, I cannot speak with current authority because I have, for some time, stopped watching our useless shower

Any talent he has left should be used in the last 20/30 minutes of games as a support striker, where he'd make a greater impact against tiring defences. He's been managed poorly, especially in the second half of the season, he hasn't got the legs to chase Kevin de Bruyne for 90 mins. I'm more than confident he'd have slotted DCL's chance on Saturday for example.

hes needed his games picking for him from day one he's been here, he struggles against any team that presses and they dont allow him time on the ball.

i dont think hes been a disaster or a great signing either somewhere in the middle. if hes here next season he shouldnt start against any team in the top 6 home or away though

Let's not pretend he can't still do a very good job for us. Three weeks ago at Stoke he was far and away the best player on the pitch, and he regularly is against teams below us. He hasn't got the legs to play in midfield against the best, no arguments there, but the idea that he's not good enough to get a game for us is laughable.

1. He isn’t a leader. Drink driving some drunk mess home stripped him of any credibility in that department. He got bummed off by a club who was no longer “winning it all” because he wasn’t good enough. Every time he is pressured he absorbs it by passing to the opposition. Scholes and Giggs were both still good players in their last two years, hence why United didn’t get rid of them. They even brought Scholes out of retirement.

2. Why on earth do we want to pay someone £150k p/w who can’t deliver in a. The majority and b. The biggest games? I don’t care how good he was for us in 2003, it’s 2018 now and he’s been finished for years.

Agreed on most of ur points but then compared wth the rest i dont think he shud be the first one out . Atleast he is one of the few who plays for the badge on the shirt and wants to do best for the club .. there are many who i feel simply dont care . I love the fact rooney is a true evetonian and atleast wants to do his best for us . He is helpless coz he is finished , no more the player he was . Maybe with a reduced wage pack and player plus coach/future amabassador role we can get something out of him still . So ya certainly not worthy of being our highest wage player but certainly not the one we should desperately get rid of either .

baffling people think having the odd average game against the likes of stoke is well worth us paying him 100k+ p/w.
he should be out the door in the summer and get a player in that doesnt 'need legs around him'.

Status
Not open for further replies.