2017/18 Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
See, there was this whole big myth about Rooney and how we couldnt win games without him.

But when you looked at it, there was a funny coincidence that popped up with all of those games. Its name was Bolasie. Interestingly, we won the games Bolasie didnt play, then Rooney would sit and Bolasie would play and we couldnt win. Its amazingly clear when you look up the appearances list.

Rooney was better than Bolasie, and he would have been a great rotational and situational player, but not the highest paid player on the team, for a player who couldnt even last half the season.

We won games in spite of Bolasie playing, not because he was playing.

See, there was this whole big myth about Rooney and how we couldnt win games without him.

But when you looked at it, there was a funny coincidence that popped up with all of those games. Its name was Bolasie. Interestingly, we won the games Bolasie didnt play, then Rooney would sit and Bolasie would play and we couldnt win. Its amazingly clear when you look up the appearances list.

Rooney was better than Bolasie, and he would have been a great rotational and situational player, but not the highest paid player on the team, for a player who couldnt even last half the season.
I'd not have had a problem with Wayne staying on a contract that reflected his standing and influence in team over a complete game, which would be about 50k a week based on players such as Tosun and Walcott earning around double that who can last a full game.

That the greedy get was on 150k a week and wouldn't accept a pay cut was disgraceful from the beginning, so absolutely fantastic riddance in my book.

the ale and ciggys have played a part over the years and now at 32, he’s at MLS, which says a lot to me.

This may sound weird to some but something hasn’t felt right with him playing for us in my mind, before United and after it. Like, he’s a massive blue but I never truly got that vibe from him, like it was way more about him than the club itself if you know what I mean.

I’m disappointed too, as he’s been a great talent but he could of been the guy who played a part helping Everton achieve success again but instead it was all done at Utd whilst we applaud the likes of Mr Bill in a period were there was no trophies and finishing 5th/6th/7th was something to be lauded.

Quite fitting he seems peeved at being jibbed off by Everton.
Just like Evertonians felt peeved at him jibbing the club off 2 days before the transfer window closed all those years ago. Later la.

Quite fitting he seems peeved at being jibbed off by Everton.
Just like Evertonians felt peeved at him jibbing the club off 2 days before the transfer window closed all those years ago. Later la.

Don't think he seemed peeved off at all, he got asked a question and played a straight bat to it.

Pretty sure he is relaxed about it and not peeved in any way. He signs a lucrative contract for the MLS

After enjoying a final season with his boyhood club, he has now moved to DC for a kickabout and $100k a week. Not peeved at all.

Can’t we just pretend he never came back, and quit talking about him? His signing was painfully bad. I feel genuinely disgust for the man, and am grateful he is gone.

Pretty sure he is relaxed about it and not peeved in any way. He signs a lucrative contract for the MLS
He was on a lucrative contract at Everton and settled nicely in Cheshire.
Now he's off to what most say is a poor team where he'll be run ragged week in week out.
I don't think he's a culture vulture going there for the lifestyle. He could have played his togger anywhere but never moved from the northwest. He even backed out of moving to Chelsea, all that way down there in London, when he still 'had it'.

After enjoying a final season with his boyhood club, he has now moved to DC for a kickabout and $100k a week. Not peeved at all.
It's not about the money though is it. He's absolutely minted. The man has pride and being shown the door dints that to a proud man. Peeved.

Status
Not open for further replies.