2017/18 Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.

We need him to be at his best in away games, and unfortunately he wasn't close to his best today. I'd go so far as to say he was very poor, but games like this will happen as he gets more experience in that position.

If Gueye is one of our best players we are in trouble. Rooney was terrible, a shadow of what he used to be. Sad but forget the sentiment and move on. I have no idea which manager could make anything of this squad. Sam can't that is obvious.

He had a good month a while ago but other than that has been gash since he's come here.

I'll give him his due, he try's, but his legs are just gone simple as that

Reckon his volley is a good example, at his best he would have anticipated it sooner, had an extra yard getting there and be in a great position to have a go.
Still miles better technique than anyone in the squad though.

Once upon a time Everton sold a young world class player the years passed by and then he returned as his dad

rooney.jpg

Shoot me , but imo he was the only one looking to pass forward. Yeah he gives the ball away , but it must be hard trying to pass to statues who wont try and find space.
He certainly wasn't the worse one out there tbh
You may be able to make an argument for the 2nd half, but he was by far the worst player in the 1st. It happens- I'm still of the mind that we need a culture change at EFC and until we get rid the likes of Sam and fix the atmosphere/attitude within the club we will be just as inconsistent as we have been all season. He was great against Leicester and crap today.

Status
Not open for further replies.