2017/18 Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
We look better without him in the team for me. Any formation he is in, never has proper shape because he doesn't stick to it. He might pop up with the odd goal but Sig has created more chances even with his poor form.

Easily our best player and people doubt it, class slide through ball for Lennon. No one else is on his level in this team. Yes he is not what he used to be, but still our only true class player. Never thought I would live to see the day when fellow blues have turned into Geordies. Always was proud to say our fans were clued up and informative, what happened??

Easily our best player and people doubt it, class slide through ball for Lennon. No one else is on his level in this team. Yes he is not what he used to be, but still our only true class player. Never thought I would live to see the day when fellow blues have turned into Geordies. Always was proud to say our fans were clued up and informative, what happened??

Years of substandardness mate.

Swapping arguably one of the best strikers in the land for Rooney.

Don't get me wrong, I am not opposed to Rooney being here, but he's not Lukaku's replacement.

These are bad days and I was a youth in the days of Walter Smith.....

Pros: His best attribute is definiately his finishing. Still the top scorer at the club. He is definiately the best finisher from our long list of "strikers". He can sometimes pick a good pass like the one to Lennon yesterday. He actually will have a go at refs, something our captain(s) failed to do. Plus he is a very experiened pro...young players will benefit from his presence.

Cons: He consistently made some crap pass/gave away the ball in dangerous area and the opposition made counter attack from there. I think he did that quite often since he re-joined. He does not seem to stick to a position he just show up in anywhere he likes. He loses his pace and we are too slow in every attack as he is central to our finial third.

cons: when he gets played as a striker he's jogging around next to jags and piggy trying 60 yard Hollywood balls

again like I said not our worst player and hasn't been bad, but he is trying to do everyones job instead of sticking to his own

Status
Not open for further replies.