Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
He might not be a regular for Man Utd anymore, but he's only 31 and he was magnificent throughout much of Man Utd's European campaign last season.

If you want a world-class striker in his prime you'll need at least £60million.

This will be a great deal. If it comes off, that is.

He's hit the nail on the head there.
Yeah, because the only three forwards available are Kone, Valencia and Rooney. 200 scouts worldwide but it comes down to Kone, Valencia and Rooney. A watermelon is a better weapon for fighting off a mugger than a feather and a bean bag, next time I'm wandering down a dark alley on the wrong side of the tracks I'll make sure I'm strapping my watermelon.

2537421-manstrugglestocontainhismirth.gif

In my humble opinion I believe this is a positive move. Rooney will be re-invigorated, and he will want to silence the doubters. He has vision and can unlock defences. World Cup year he will be fighting to get his England shirt back too. I can see him having an Andy Gray like impact on our fortunes. This is some squad we are now assembling - exciting times.

In my humble opinion I believe this is a positive move. Rooney will be re-invigorated, and he will want to silence the doubters. He has vision and can unlock defences. World Cup year he will be fighting to get his England shirt back too. I can see him having an Andy Gray like impact on our fortunes. This is some squad we are now assembling - exciting times.

Agreed, and if he doesn't do it, he can be subbed or dropped...simples

Once again, we aren't paying him this
What are we going to pay him then? The £50 a week Shearer said he would play for? Even if he isn't on £250k a week and is "only" on £150k a week. That would be £15m in wages plus a signing on fee. Not free. Very expensive. Not very good. That better?

Status
Not open for further replies.