Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
All this negativity is bizarre

This is Man Utd's highest ever goal scorer - past his peak but with a lot still to offer - better goals / assists then any Everton player bar Lukaku last year

He'll bring a huge amount both on and off the pitch - he has a winning mentality and will offer a lot to the young players

Great signing!
Tis a bit worrying that some peeps turn their noses up at England's greatest scorer as well

I'm alright with him coming back. See what he can offer; if nothing else, we'll sell literally billions of shirts all over the world. Quadrillions, maybe.

I'll be miffed if he's playing week in, week out despite being cacky, but I honestly don't see Koeman as the kind of manager that would do that. And who knows, he might have himself a Rocky-style montage, get ripped, and score plenty next year.

Any of the teams below us last season would take him in a heart beat and he would improve them.
Above us, I think Spurs would take a punt for his cl experience,
and possibly Arsenal.
We are building a deep squad, not just a first eleven. Our bench was thread bear at times last year. We have a lot of football to play, there is still room for more!

There are some very good posts for resigning him in this thread.Money aside ,we don't know the wage structure.The posts to not resign him seem to be .... Judas and fat slob. I am all in for having his moments of genius that we have all witnessed , back at the Old Lady again. I just imagine him banging his first one in and Goodison will erupt (as will the media) His hunger and fitness will be back as soon as he is in a blue shirt and hears Z CARS.

I'm alright with him coming back. See what he can offer; if nothing else, we'll sell literally billions of shirts all over the world. Quadrillions, maybe.

I'll be miffed if he's playing week in, week out despite being cacky, but I honestly don't see Koeman as the kind of manager that would do that. And who knows, he might have himself a Rocky-style montage, get ripped, and score plenty next year.
Seen loads of variations of this on here. Who are we selling these shirts to? People are acting like a washed up Rooney is some marketeers dream. He's not Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar who you see on billboards and ads wherever you go in the world. He is an insignifcance outside of this country, frankly he's an insignificance in this country to everyone other than Evertonians and the cosy crew on MOTD. And all this talk of him being England and Man Utd's top goalscorer is meaningless what has he done for anyone lately?

There are some very good posts for resigning him in this thread.Money aside ,we don't know the wage structure.The posts to not resign him seem to be .... Judas and fat slob. I am all in for having his moments of genius that we have all witnessed , back at the Old Lady again. I just imagine him banging his first one in and Goodison will erupt (as will the media) His hunger and fitness will be back as soon as he is in a blue shirt and hears Z CARS.
You can't put money aside. That is the main reason we should be nowhere near this, I don't give two poos about him leaving us over a decade ago, but every quid spent on this misty eyed nostalgia figure is a quid we can't spend on someone else, someone better.

This could work out great.

or be a total disaster.

Exciting times. Well done Walsh, I was sick of everyone agreeing that our signings made sense.
It's a weird one. It seems to fly in the face of the rest of the transfer policy - signing young, hungry, dynamic players who, whilst costing a lot in transfer fees, wouldn't affect our existing wage structure too much.

Koeman seems to be signing players with a never say die attitude. Rooney fits that. It will bring s different feel to the club, just like getting Andy Gray did in the 80's
I welcome it.

I'm just going to assume that Rooney is our Valencia signing. We are bringing him here because we need depth up top with Europa to play for this year. I'm kinda disappointed that we are probably going to fork out 100k a week for this, but if it's a loan deal then it will suffice.

Status
Not open for further replies.