Homepage Update: Wayne Rooney transfer "agreed in principle"

Wayne Rooney - Provided he expects to be a regular starter - Keep or Sell?

• Keep

Votes: 18 12.1%
  • Sell

Votes: 131 87.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Will everyone just back the [Poor language removed] off of Rooney! With everything that has happened this season, he deserves at least another go next season. He has provided most of our high points this season (not saying a lot I know), so why all of the animosity?

Fully agree mein EagleFrandel. One of the few success stories this season.

We should be getting rid of as many players as we can to free up space in our squad for players who can improve our first team. I’m sure any money we could get for him would come in handy too.

Ho
He is not a midfielder and has not played enough up front in a 2 this season (or at all) to come to the conclusion that he isn't good enough. He was certainly good enough to score from within his own half this season.
W many teams play 2 up front these days? Serious question.

Mirallas,Williams,Besic,Bolasie,Klassen,schneidelein Sandro for starters....

Keep Rooney & Jags one more year...
The problem is we’ll struggle to be able to get rid of them. Clubs will give us money for Rooney, not because he’s a good player but because he used to be a great player.

I think Rooney could interfere in our new approach next season..get rid of his wages and start a fresh. Only sentiment brought him here and would keep him here. Sig is our number 10 as is. Let the new man see what he thinks of Klaassen and let him take it fròm there.

Ho

W many teams play 2 up front these days? Serious question.

Burnley, Leicester and Chelsea have all had some success with 2 up front towards the end of this season. West Brom and Southampton also started getting results by putting 2 up top.

There will be some team at the World Cup that has a good tournament with 2 up front and I firmly believe more teams will play this way next season.

He hasn’t done anything since December other than miss penalties and misplace passes. He has had his time. We can get better. If we can cash in and make a profit, it’s a no brainier.

Reactions: Ivo

Status
Not open for further replies.