Homepage Update: Wayne Rooney transfer "agreed in principle"

Wayne Rooney - Provided he expects to be a regular starter - Keep or Sell?

• Keep

Votes: 18 12.1%
  • Sell

Votes: 131 87.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Will everyone just back the [Poor language removed] off of Rooney! With everything that has happened this season, he deserves at least another go next season. He has provided most of our high points this season (not saying a lot I know), so why all of the animosity?

Will everyone just back the [Poor language removed] off of Rooney! With everything that has happened this season, he deserves at least another go next season. He has provided most of our high points this season (not saying a lot I know), so why all of the animosity?
If he's willing to step back in a Torres like backup senior role maybe but if he's demanding, as had been suggested, a starting position he's of no use.

I don't see my wanting him to go as animosity, I think if he stays he will struggle for game time. I don't want to see a player like Rooney to fade away and become a moaned on the side lines. Let him go to America and enjoy a couple of seasons over there before he quits playing.

I don't see my wanting him to go as animosity, I think if he stays he will struggle for game time. I don't want to see a player like Rooney to fade away and become a moaned on the side lines. Let him go to America and enjoy a couple of seasons over there before he quits playing.

Why does everyone think he is finished? He struggles in a 4-3-3, but I believe would flourish in a 4-4-2 or 3-5-2. He is a striker, but cannot play up top on his own. With a partner, he would flourish. He always had a partner at Man U. Van Nistelrooy, Berbatov, Van Persie, Tevez, Owen, Zaha. He is one year older than Jamie Vardy for Christ's sake. Why don't we set up to get the best out of him, rather than persisting with a system that gave us one good season under Martinez. ..

100% this! Well said that man, sorry assuming male, well said that non gender specific person! Wise words he could well flourish in a team that doesn't play Allardyce style.

This poison apple has to be removed from the dressing room - holds way too much sway based on his name and he hasnt the legs to justify it.

Why shouldn't England's record goalscorer and our most decorated player ever hold some sway in the dressing room? What age did Pirlo's legs go?

Why does everyone think he is finished? He struggles in a 4-3-3, but I believe would flourish in a 4-4-2 or 3-5-2. He is a striker, but cannot play up top on his own. With a partner, he would flourish. He always had a partner at Man U. Van Nistelrooy, Berbatov, Van Persie, Tevez, Owen, Zaha. He is one year older than Jamie Vardy for Christ's sake. Why don't we set up to get the best out of him, rather than persisting with a system that gave us one good season under Martinez. ..

We must keep him imo...

It will be a year of rebuild...

Providing the new manager wants him of course...

I think that's just the way some of our fanbase has turned. Although I blame social media for this predicament. Blues online opinion and those in person greatly differs.

I wouldn’t sign him, but I’d keep him still got quality, might need to realise he can’t play every game so it’s up to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.