Homepage Update: Wayne Rooney transfer "agreed in principle"

Wayne Rooney - Provided he expects to be a regular starter - Keep or Sell?

• Keep

Votes: 18 12.1%
  • Sell

Votes: 131 87.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's right he should go.

Here's a fact though: his goals and form in the first half of the season kept our heads above water and we were in REAL trouble without them.

Now we just need Baines, Williams, Jagielka to sling their 'kin hooks too.
Lol at when Baines and Jagielka got that award at the end of season awards to represent their time at the club. I'd be ok with it if it was a parting gift, but we all know they'll still be stinking the place out in years to come.

The biggest think about this is the wage is clears 150k a week of the books, for that wage id fancy our chances of attracting a better catalyst.

..looks like he’s on his way. He’s been a top, top player and I think he will know himself that he will struggle to meet the physical demands of this league in a progressive team. He was decent for us this season, showing quality at times and scoring vital goals when we most needed.

Some reports suggest we will have to make a £50k per week contribution to his salary. I’m not sure what the £12m being quoted is but I doubt it’s coming our way.

Was a strange signing from the off, but definitely not our worst this season. When your legs go though, they just go and his have well and truly gone.

Suggests a new manager has indicated he won't be part of his first team...

I thought this. Lots of people reading it as Allardyce stays or Rooney stays, so if Rooney is off then Allardyce must be staying. The Joyce article said about Silva's pressing style and Fonseca has a similar style too so hoepfully it means one of them are incoming.

Great news. One mistake of the Walsh era corrected. Many more to go.
Wayne clearly still has an eye for goal but he slows the game down and loses the ball so much he simply isn't up to start at this level any more and would be a very expensive bench player.

Status
Not open for further replies.