Homepage Update: Wayne Rooney transfer "agreed in principle"

Wayne Rooney - Provided he expects to be a regular starter - Keep or Sell?

• Keep

Votes: 18 12.1%
  • Sell

Votes: 131 87.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't he going to Man City towards the end of a contract at Utd? He and Stretford have not come down with the last shower of rain.
He has tried pretty hard since he came back. A few good moments. Blatantly has not got the legs or engine for any midfield role and this has nullified his early season promise. It was too much nostalgia and not enough hard headed thinking that brought him here. If he gets a better offer I think he will take it. Left a couple of years too early first time around, came back three years too late to make a real difference.
Praying it is not a sign that Allardyce is staying.....

Letting our top scorers leave two seasons on the trot? Do we not learn anything? What are we doing?

Based on the consensues that he would struggle to perform in an inferior league, I don’t think this is much of a worry.

Reactions: Tez
I think there are darker arts being played out here.......or am I miles off @Connor

I thought it was his way of getting rid of Alladyce but he's done this at Utd on two occasions to get new deals so it makes me think is he just after tjat year extension to guarantee him a further years pay?

There were reports at the time that Allardyce had his recent discussions with Moshiri that Allardyce had told him if we got any decent offers for Rooney that he should be allowed to go. I'm guessing this is Rooney's response to that.

£38 million can get you a Salah if you have the foresight to scout right. We as you say have spent largely in the over inflated PL market.

Willian Jose from Real Sociedad is the one for me - 15 goals last season, 19 in this one, only about 26 and more suited to the prem physically than Sandro.

Oh and yeah flog Sandro for another £6-7 million on top of the other 3.
Doesn’t take much scouting, had like 5 informs on last years Fifa UT which was good enough for me

I'd imagine that £12m is mostly going to Rooney seeing we got him back for nothing and he dropped his wages when cutting his United contract short.

Status
Not open for further replies.