Match Thread Watford v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marco Silva returns to Watford this weekend for the first time since his bitter sacking.

Bad blood still runs between the Hornets, Silva and Everton as a Premier League investigation into allegations of an illegal approach remain on-going.

Watford, over a year on from the Portuguese coach's dismissal, are refusing to let the matter rest and have pushed for the league to punish the Blues, who wanted Silva to replace the sacked Ronald Koeman but were angrily warned off.

Silva, for whom Everton had been prepared to pay in the region of £10m, hasn't sat in the dugout at Vicarage Road since the middle of January last year but on Saturday returns and will be primed for a frosty reception.

Watford captain Troy Deeney urged supporters at a fans' forum event on Wednesday not to taunt the Everton boss for fear it will only serve to motivate the opposition.

We'd prefer it if you left him alone... It'll only motivate them more. Leave him alone, let us kick the sh*t out of them."
/Quote]

Ha ha ha meaningless second rate tin pot club.Their biggest moment in football, was getting beat by us in an FA cup final.Just smash these nomarks Everton.

Fittingly Elton john
If I coached defenders, but then again no,
Or invested in a striker in the transfer window.
Don’t have much money, but if I did
I’d chuck Duncan Ferguson a couple more quid.

People I’d listen to about football: Ronaldo, Messi, Buffon, Modric

People I wouldn’t listen to about football: Troy Deeney

Get the youngsters out for the lads. Nothing to play for may as well experiment a bit. Ditch anyone that gets paid more than £2000 a month and isn't prepared to run around a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.