"Watch Classic Matches Again"

^ cheers mate. I would have done exactly the same thing regarding correcting someone! lol. some shockers in that match. I've watched so many vintage games they're all kind of blending together in my head. If you ever get the chance, watch the highlights from the famous 4-1 drubbing of sunderland in 84-85. sunderland were robbed of two clear goals, with one being ruled off-side when he was clearly 5-10 yds onside! seriously bad linesmen back then. Imagine, a clear sighted linesman may have ruled correctly on their goals, changed the course of the game and we may never have witnessed gray's two fabulous headers or steven's stonking goal of the season. thank god for that blind linesman!

Sorry only just seen this. Yeah funnily enough I watched that Sunderland game from 84-85 around the same time I watched the Chelsea game, and yeah sunderland were totally robbed!

Sorry only just seen this. Yeah funnily enough I watched that Sunderland game from 84-85 around the same time I watched the Chelsea game, and yeah sunderland were totally robbed!

With apologies to my fellow-old farts, who will be only too familiar with what follows, but for the benefit of those who weren't around at the time:

I was in the Upper Bullens that day, dead-level with the eighteen yard line - Walker was so obviously onside that I couldn't help but laugh at the absurdity of the decision. Judge for yourselves how bad it was:

The match also featured what for many of us remains the finest pass we have seen at Goodison, Bracewell's "blind," volleyed, first-time crossfielder to Trevor Steven on the other wing. Bracewell was magnificent that season:

With apologies to my fellow-old farts, who will be only too familiar with what follows, but for the benefit of those who weren't around at the time:

I was in the Upper Bullens that day, dead-level with the eighteen yard line - Walker was so obviously onside that I couldn't help but laugh at the absurdity of the decision. Judge for yourselves how bad it was:

The match also featured what for many of us remains the finest pass we have seen at Goodison, Bracewell's "blind," volleyed, first-time crossfielder to Trevor Steven on the other wing. Bracewell was magnificent that season:

Forgot about their goal being disallowed, nothing wrong with it. Still think even at 2 nil down we would have won though. That team didnt know how to lose.

A few, precious, war-time glimpses of the Welsh prince widely regarded as the finest centre-half ever to wear the royal blue: T.G. Jones

For the sake of consolidating footage in one thread, a repeat post (from the TG Jones biography thread) of Everton's defeat at Wolves in the 6th round of the FA Cup in March 1939. TG can be seen heading clear at 38 seconds in:

Great post mate. This game in particular perfectly summed up the Everton team of that season. Check all these boxes:

1) We were missing through injury a fabulous forward (Heath) who if he hadn't been injured, would have been on about 30 goals at this stage of the season.
2) We go behind early, no panic, no problem.
3) We should have gone 0-2 down (perfectly good second Sunderland goal), no panic, no problem. The belief in this team was outrageous!
4) So what we were without Inchy - we had Gray. And his two goals were perfect. Especially the first one set up by....
5) Peter Reid. Brilliant drop of the shoulder, rampage down the wing, low cross, BANG! Delirium. And this from a central midfielder.
6) Bracewell, see above. I never saw Alex Young - was Bracewell the Golden Vison in disguise? Best pass Ive ever seen.
7) Steven, nuff said! My favorite goal ever.

My favorite game ever.

Great post mate. This game in particular perfectly summed up the Everton team of that season. Check all these boxes:

1) We were missing through injury a fabulous forward (Heath) who if he hadn't been injured, would have been on about 30 goals at this stage of the season.
2) We go behind early, no panic, no problem.
3) We should have gone 0-2 down (perfectly good second Sunderland goal), no panic, no problem. The belief in this team was outrageous!
4) So what we were without Inchy - we had Gray. And his two goals were perfect. Especially the first one set up by....
5) Peter Reid. Brilliant drop of the shoulder, rampage down the wing, low cross, BANG! Delirium. And this from a central midfielder.
6) Bracewell, see above. I never saw Alex Young - was Bracewell the Golden Vison in disguise? Best pass Ive ever seen.
7) Steven, nuff said! My favorite goal ever.

My favorite game ever.
In my top three with Bayern Munchen and the Andy King derby, which quite frankly, will never be bettered emotionally for myself.