"Watch Classic Matches Again"

Watched an everton v Chelsea match at Stamford bridge in our championship Winning season of 84-85 on YouTube a while back. With the facility of 'pausing' footage available to us these days it's amazing how many shocking offside decisions were made by linesmen back then. There were two frighteningly bad off-side decisions made against us that day that deprived one of our lads of a hat-trick (can't remember who it was, might have been trev Steven).

Noticed a lot of these clangers in various vintage matches I've seen on YouTube.

Watched an everton v Chelsea match at Stamford bridge in our championship Winning season of 84-85 on YouTube a while back. With the facility of 'pausing' footage available to us these days it's amazing how many shocking offside decisions were made by linesmen back then. There were two frighteningly bad off-side decisions made against us that day that deprived one of our lads of a hat-trick (can't remember who it was, might have been trev Steven).

Noticed a lot of these clangers in various vintage matches I've seen on YouTube.

Really sorry to be a pedant but I think you might have got that one a bit confused mate :)

That match was from 86-87 (not 84-85), the goal was disallowed because the ref gave us a free kick on the edge of the box rather than letting play go on, and the foul was in the penalty area so it should have been a penalty anyway. It was Trevor Steven though in a 2-1 win, although it wouldn't have been a hatrick because the first was an own goal and Alan Harper got the second.

Great match though :) think it might have already been posted in this thread actually

edit: here it is:

^ cheers mate. I would have done exactly the same thing regarding correcting someone! lol. some shockers in that match. I've watched so many vintage games they're all kind of blending together in my head. If you ever get the chance, watch the highlights from the famous 4-1 drubbing of sunderland in 84-85. sunderland were robbed of two clear goals, with one being ruled off-side when he was clearly 5-10 yds onside! seriously bad linesmen back then. Imagine, a clear sighted linesman may have ruled correctly on their goals, changed the course of the game and we may never have witnessed gray's two fabulous headers or steven's stonking goal of the season. thank god for that blind linesman!