"Watch Classic Matches Again"

Here you go @Dario Terracotta Plugs screamer about 9 mins in
)

The way we used to play in this era was every bit as intensive as the game is played now. Yet the way the pundits talk is as if playing with great intensity is a thing of the modern era.We always had a number of men surrounding the ball whether in our possession or the oppositions. Never gave the opposition a second on the ball. Brilliant.

The way we used to play in this era was every bit as intensive as the game is played now. Yet the way the pundits talk is as if playing with great intensity is a thing of the modern era.We always had a number of men surrounding the ball whether in our possession or the oppositions. Never gave the opposition a second on the ball. Brilliant.
Nah, can't be true, klippity invented it, gave it a fancy german name too, sky told me so.

Don't remind me.I wanted to throttle Lineker when he came out with that quote!!
I agree
It’s almost unbelievable to think such a wonderful striker can blame it on forgetting his favourite boots. We travelled all over to watch our team and it allegedly came down to that excuse. And he is still earning a fortune.
Great player but hey Gary....

I think I bemoaned the lack of footage from the 85-86 season another time, but I remember us featuring now and again with the 4-0 against City and the 2-0 at the Pit being the most notable examples.
I recall there being fairly extensive highlights of our game away at Birmingham (we won 2-0) that season, I can't remember which channel but I do remember the sparse crowd (Birmingham fans were effectively boycotting matches) and the commentator marvelling at our near post corner routine. I taped it back in the day but I lost my rag when my mum taped an episode of Tenko over it. Tenko!!! I would love to see that match again, not found it yet.

Terry Curran.
Could/should have been world class
The best individual performance from any Everton player I have ever seen -- a mid week away at Ipswich in the mid 80s some time. Can't have been more than 500 Blues there. Those who were there were privileged. Went past players with ease all night. Can't recall him ever losing it. Incredible. He was dribbling for fun.You sort of knew after seeing it that he would never again be able to reproduce it again.