Was Dunc right for hooking Kean?

Was Dunc right to hook Kean?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kean is just a kid. If you're going to do that then have a word with him as he's coming off. And don't blag about 'I was doing it to waste time'. That just insults everyone's intelligence. Either he's outright lying or admitting to horrific player management. Love Dunc but lost respect for him on this one.
Yup 100%
if you did it to waste time you made the wrong choice. If you did it cause kean was crap, own it.

Right. There was 4 mins left, let him see it out. Chastise him in private. Work with him on the training field.
Fergusin got pissed off and acted rashly.
That 4 mins could easily have seen us concede again and lose the game though and even with a kind eye the lad didn’t look like he’d only been on for 18 mins he appeared that tired.

If this was Mourinho who has a history of being a jerk to young players I’d be more annoyed - I just have to think/hope that there is more backstory to it and the arm round the shoulder route has been already tried multiple times.

Mourinho did it with Mata, it happens.

The Manager is there to make in-game decisions and to constantly adjust to the situation as he thinks best.

It's not like he stood still or was just walking around, He actually ran and looked dangerous, The only problem for me is why he couldn't talk to him first if he's still not listening then fine that's fair play but to just take him off without getting into him about the instructions I mean..Niasse was hardly any different when he came on.

If silva had hooked Snides or Gylfi for being passengers for 90% their appearances this season we wouldn’t be having this conversation.

But they were never hooked like that.

Dunc decided to do it to a 19 year old kid. Who's barely played for us.

I dont like it. Its hypocrisy from the club. You dont need to completely destroy a kid to get your message across. Otherwise you're doing something wrong.

Kean is just a kid. If you're going to do that then have a word with him as he's coming off. And don't blag about 'I was doing it to waste time'. That just insults everyone's intelligence. Either he's outright lying or admitting to horrific player management. Love Dunc but lost respect for him on this one.
You call him over and tell him to do more first while on the pitch, I didn't see Dunc do that, it's up to Kean now how he wants to take it, I hope Dunc has a chat with him and gives his reasons then the lad knows the score.

How was he not working hard though?

You’d have to ask Ferguson. He won’t publicly say as it would significantly reduce the resale value we’ll get for Kean.

However, he was hauled off in the Watford game by Silva and he was poor, lethargic and sluggish in that game.

Ferguson clearly sent him on with a message to be energetic and get amongst them and inevitably felt he wasn’t giving enough - so prepared Niasse who, while lacking quality, honest endeavour is always guaranteed.

One thing is for sure.

Any other manager I'd say the poll would be 90% `wrong'
Absolute nonsense that mate. I get that people are desperate for Kean to turn out to be a great player (I am too), but the reality is he didn't look arsed today. I don't care who the manager is it's their right to pull a player for not looking like he wants to be on the pitch.

Too many managers in the prem have been compromised and bullied by expensive and swaggering players not performing and thinking they only have to turn up to be in the team.

Ferguson won't wear that and I'm over the moon he did this today, and let's face it there'll have been a bloody good reason for it too. Ferguson's dirty linen will be washed behind closed doors.

Imagine how he'd have treated Pogba when he was stealing a living at UTD.

Don't knock Dunc for this, it's called management. It'll gain more respect than it will lose.
Flip side is you take the kid behind doors and tell him what he was doing was inexcusable and he needs to completely do better to be included ina match. This is public, you don't air your issues in public.

Status
Not open for further replies.