Vitor Pereira

Yes or no

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

I don't see him being any more of a gamble than Rooney or Lampard

Rooney's track record is just too short to read into

Lampard has been parachuted into two good jobs where he has, at absolute best, delivered the bare minimum acceptable performance and arguably delivered below that. The stats underneath his Derby spell aren't great reading and they aren't much better at Chelsea.

Pereira - it's all over the place. There are good things and bad things and reports of him being a good man manager in some places and others of him falling out with all of his bigger players (James, Özil, RVP, etc). He took 1860 Munich down, but we would stay up if he delivered the same results here.

I think if Pereira is the one they go for, my primary concern will be that his preferred 343 is probably a system which requires more coaching to adapt to. That said, Tuchel seemed to have almost instant success by implementing that at Chelsea.

I'm not advocating him by any means, but I'd be no less concerned if he took over that I would be with a Rooney or a Lampard

Lampard has been parachuted into two good jobs where he has, at absolute best, delivered the bare minimum acceptable performance and arguably delivered below that. The stats underneath his Derby spell aren't great reading and they aren't much better at Chelsea.

Pereira - it's all over the place. There are good things and bad things and reports of him being a good man manager in some places and others of him falling out with all of his bigger players (James, Özil, RVP, etc). He took 1860 Munich down, but we would stay up if he delivered the same results here.

I think if Pereira is the one they go for, my primary concern will be that his preferred 343 is probably a system which requires more coaching to adapt to. That said, Tuchel seemed to have almost instant success by implementing that at Chelsea.

I'm not advocating him by any means, but I'd be no less concerned if he took over that I would be with a Rooney or a Lampard
None of them should be in our top 100 list of candidates. It's madness that any of them have even a sniff at the job.

Be awesome if Lampard came here and delivered the bare minimum rather than the garbage we currently have.

Screenshot_20220124-225657_Twitter.jpg

Just sums everything up really

I agree with you on this.

The reason I am more attracted to a Rooney or a Lampard, is that they would at least have the majority of fans willing to give both of them a go from the outset.

I think that in the short-term, almost more crucial than managerial ability, is an appointment that at least gets the fans somewhat united. The pit of despair and negativity that is permeating (quite rightly) through the fanbase, rubs off on the players.

We are about to enter a relegation fight, and we need the fans behind the team. It is critical to make Goodison a bear pit again and let the players feed off that energy.

I think Rooney and Lampard give us the best chance of this of the likely candidates. Certainly more so than a Pereira etc...

The reason I am more attracted to a Rooney or a Lampard, is that they would at least have the majority of fans willing to give both of them a go from the outset.

I think that in the short-term, almost more crucial than managerial ability, is an appointment that at least gets the fans somewhat united. The pit of despair and negativity that is permeating (quite rightly) through the fanbase, rubs off on the players.

We are about to enter a relegation fight, and we need the fans behind the team. It is critical to make Goodison a bear pit again and let the players feed off that energy.

I think Rooney and Lampard give us the best chance of this of the likely candidates. Certainly more so than a Pereira etc...

Frank has often spoken glowingly of goodison being a difficult place to play.

He would get it.

Personally, I don't necessarily think that's the biggest factor.

Ferguson would unite the fans for example, but it doesn't mean he'd make the best manager because he's not really shown any tactical acumen in the games he's been in charge for if we are honest. It's been all blood and thunder.

I think you certainly need someone who the fans won't be against (hence why Martinez is a daft choice), but I think once you get past that you just appoint the most competent manager you can who is attainable.

Status
Not open for further replies.