Vitor Pereira

Yes or no

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
My lad was just saying he read that the board want to wait and take their time appointing our next manager, Moshiri is overruling them and wants to push ahead with Pereira.

Then all Blue Bill has to do is resign and leave his trainset alone in protest. That'll show how much he's "against" Mosh's decision.

He and the rest won't though. Therefore...they agree with him as far as I'm concerned and are all responsible.

Nothing worse that a barrel full of snakes pointing fingers when it goes wrong when they could've done something about it

Lampard and Rooney both have the experience of at least playing in the league and understanding what it takes to win a premier league game as a player, this guy hasn’t. Lampard also has managed for a brief spell in the premier league so his credentials are a lot better.
When was the last time we appointed a manager who didn't have PL experience? Moyes.... we've had a long line of managers with PL experience since then and all have had to be sacked with the exception of Ancholotti who binned us off... in fact we've just sacked the manager with the 9th most PL games as a manager Fat Sam is the 5th most experienced also Sacked, that's 2 of the top 10 most experienced PL managers that we've sacked in the last few years.. getting in PL Experience hasn't exactly been greatly beneficial to us... What's Alan Curblishley at these days? Or is it time to try something different?

I don't think he's as bad as being made out. He's got a better record at Porto than Paulo Fonseca, Julien Lopetegui and Nuno Espirito Santo (all three followed his reign in charge).

My only reservation is I don't think he's the man to come in at this point of the season and turn it around - although I could be wrong. We have the players to stay up, we just need someone to get the best out of them and if the players buy into his style of play it should be enough to see us through.

But still, it's a massive gamble and I don't like that muppet Moshiri using our club as his playground.
If we were sitting mid table with a bang average squad and in no danger of going down then my feelings would be rather different on the matter.

I don't think he is the right man in any capacity but neither was Silva koeman etc and it wasn't the end of the world.

If we are simply asking him to keep us up then he is the wrong man for the job based on his entire career. You don't hire a manager for a relegation battle that has relegation in their cv.

By all accounts we should be hiring long term because a few wins will give the new manager a platform to plan for it. A few wins and we aren't in a relegation battle anymore, hell beating Newcastle and burnely twice will be more than sufficient in keeping us up.

You just don't hire a manager with zero experience in the league and expect it to work. Just look at all the foreign manager appointments relegation teams have done over the years and count how many worked.

If its to be Pereira I'll say say the same as I said for Benitez. It's an appointment that doesn't fill me personally with confidence - he'll get my full support if he's to be our manager mind.

Anyone who comes in has a real task stopping our free-fall. Worse thing is, it's not even a free-fall, it's managed decline that has finally caught up with us. Results aren't a shock, performances aren't a shock, the lack of standards aren't a shock, we're rotting top down.

With numerous failings to go off, it's a long-shot to think our board have the foresight to appoint someone right. Worse case, but very realistic scenario, a manger who'll help build the club up - even if its in the championship.

We however seem hell-bent on appointing another payday manager - a casual word in Moshiris ear by Kia is all it takes.
No long term aspirations, just jumps from job to job, short-term-ism strikes again.

He f*cks up, he f*cks off.

Who knows - hope I'm wrong

When was the last time we appointed a manager who didn't have PL experience? Moyes.... we've had a long line of managers with PL experience since then and all have had to be sacked with the exception of Ancholotti who binned us off... in fact we've just sacked the manager with the 9th most PL games as a manager Fat Sam is the 5th most experienced also Sacked, that's 2 of the top 10 most experienced PL managers that we've sacked in the last few years.. getting in PL Experience hasn't exactly been greatly beneficial to us... What's Alan Curblishley at these days? Or is it time to try something different?
A lot of us have been screaming at the club to look outside the premier league because their appointments for those IN have been woeful. Just thought they'd look at better managers than a never was connected to a slimy parasite

Reading all sorts this morning about how he’s interviewed really well, he’s mastered English since his last set of interviews with us in 2019. I do wonder whether the driving factor here is his willingness to reportedly take a 6month contract (with option for another year) and the fact he appears to have a backroom team ready to go where as with Rooney or Lampard we may need to commit to more and get a team together for them.

Maybe he’ll be a great appointment and we’ll be sat here in the summer bemoaning not giving the guy the job after Moyes left but my immediate concern is – if you’re Dom or Richie, does this appointment inspire you? does this convince you that long term Everton is the place to be? Are you going to run through walls for a guy that appears to be a glorified caretaker manager? We’ve been linked with Dele Alli and Ndombele today, why would either of those players, or anyone else want to come to us and play for a manager who – on paper doesn’t seem to settle in one place, hasn’t managed at the highest level, his recent record is poor to say the least and may not be here come the summer?

Again, the guy may be brilliant. He may be an amazing man manager. He may be the type of guy who talks to players and they’re instantly onboard but it’s a massive risk we really shouldn't be taking in our current position.

He’s a caretaker - a Dunc type with a few bells and whistles on him.

He knows he gone in 6 months, knows the clubs a shambles and that relegation won’t be blamed on him - it will be thrown back at the fans being to blame for not supporting the manager.

94% I didnt know that, and people still moan about Bill.
We may as well give up, theres nothing we can do now to stop this idiot

He literally increased his stake a few days ago . 100m info the club , not cash tho, was an interest free loan he gave us converted into shares

not sure if debated on here but it seemed to suggest Vitor would only get 6 months. would suggest the plan is to go for like Potter / DoF of Brighton or a similar pairing in the summer. Personally i find that acceptable as long this guy keeps us up. Although i am also in the Lampard camp, would be a more stable choice

I do think some fans should try to let go of this anger towards VP. He has to receive the full backing of the fans in order to succeed. Otherwise the club will sink and relegation could become a real possibility, which is crazy to think.

The fans painting VP out Lampard in on Goodison are not helping matters. Very rich people are not known for being impressionable. By doing this, Moshiri will likely be even more stubborn against appointing Lampard, maybe he will be even more certain about VP. He will not want to show weakness and bow to fan pressure.
It doesn't work like that though. I don't know whether it's people not understanding human emotion, or whether it's mainly people who don't go to the games not understanding how things get the way they do at the ground, but there seems to be this weird assumption from many that you can just decide not to be bothered by things. You can't, that's not how it works.

The fans at the ground will absolutely be supportive of Pereira on the outside. They'll clap for him, cheer him, maybe even sing a song for him as long as it's just his name fitted into a tune. The problem is that most of us won't have any faith in him, and that means that when things go wrong people will start to worry, and question him, and start to shout their own instructions at him and the players, and that's when you get the sense that the crowd are on the team's back etc. If the fans have faith in the manager then that doesn't happen as quickly, and is much more muted when it does happen. If they don't have faith in the manager then it will start to happen very quickly and if things don't go well it come to a head very quickly. Unfortunately you can't just create faith, people have to have a reason to believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.