2022/23 Vitalii Mykolenko

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d rather Salah be kept quiet than Myko work harder on his attacking game.

Excellent work.
Yes against a top player like salah it’s fine to just focus on defending but it’s every week he needs to be better with the ball and be confident to face away from down the line cause at the minute he’s so one footed, and always plays it safe now that’s not a bad thing the way we are and he’s a decent player but if he wants to kick on to the next level as a full back he needs to get forward more and stop squaring himself up with the touch line.

In the modern game id actually probably prefer someone better at going forward than pure defending, as that’s the technically harder part of the game.

I think Patterson is the model of what we should be looking at
Horses for courses likes of yesterday myko did a good job but against teams we want to get in behind and attack I’d rather see vinagre out there sure myko would do well as the left sided cb in a 5 but then I can’t see him getting ahead of 3 fit cbs

Not entirely true our last 2 LBs Digne was very good at going forward and not as good as mykolenko defending, but I’m sure if he based his game on just defending like myko he’d of been as good as him. Baines was good at both.

You just disagreed with my point but then offered up two very decent attacking full-backs who were so-so defending? I hope you spot the error there.

You just disagreed with my point but then offered up two very decent attacking full-backs who were so-so defending? I hope you spot the error there.
Yes so so defending but very reasonable in the premier league but both top drawer going forward myko offers nothing going forward. You say these players don’t play for Everton and there was no error I wasn’t talking a prime Cafu or Kyle Walker my point I was making is someone middle ground who can mix the 2 as it stands myko defends and that’s it so no error on my side just you trying to be smart as usual ?

Patterson had a great game mykolenko did what’s expected of him and defended well but on the ball offers nothing and what he’s saying is right needs to work on his attacking game cause as a modern day RB/LB the attacking side is as important as the defending
Patterson didn't do much attacking yesterday.

I think they both had excellent games and that's my opinion.

Yes so so defending but very reasonable in the premier league but both top drawer going forward myko offers nothing going forward. You say these players don’t play for Everton and there was no error I wasn’t talking a prime Cafu or Kyle Walker my point I was making is someone middle ground who can mix the 2 as it stands myko defends and that’s it so no error on my side just you trying to be smart as usual ?

Well I mean he can attack, not sure why you think he can’t, might not be Digne/Baines levels but he can. We also don’t know what his instructions are.

Well I mean he can attack, not sure why you think he can’t, might not be Digne/Baines levels but he can. We also don’t know what his instructions are.
I don’t care what his instructions are I can see with my own eyes he’s So one footed and negative on the ball plays it safe and takes too long to put a cross in allowing the player he’s gone beyond to recover. Now as I said it’s not a bad thing but if he wants to remain as LB for the foreseeable he needs to improve his game or he will become a stop gap for us.

I’m not you said he had a great game and excellent which implies there’s not much room for improvement I thought he did pretty much what’s expected of him as a minimum and defend and he did a good job at that.

I’m not you said he had a great game and excellent which implies there’s not much room for improvement I thought he did pretty much what’s expected of him as a minimum and defend and he did a good job at that.
It doesn't imply that to me.

His main objective was to defend and he kept one of the best attackers in the world quiet all game and limited him to one chance.

That's excellent in my book.

Sounds like a lot of people would have hated Italian football in the 90s...perhaps even Italian football in general.

You've got to go back a long time until you find a Everton left back able to 'easily' shut out world class attackers.

I think hes absolutely fantastic.

It doesn't imply that to me.

His main objective was to defend and he kept one of the best attackers in the world quiet all game and limited him to one chance.

That's excellent in my book.
Ok fair enough against Salah I ll give you that but against the likes of Forrest Brentford Villa teams we’ve already played he needs to do more.

Status
Not open for further replies.