2021/22 Vitalii Mykolenko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Likely bought for political reasons, which is fine but it’s just shame that having him on the pitch is going to contribute to our relegation
Political reasons?

He was bought because Benitez bombed out Digne and the club (Moshiri) sided with the manager. There was no need at all for a new LB until that happened.

If you mean football politics then, yes,I guess in that sense!

Absolutely bizarre, right?

I mean, sometimes you look and think "he doesn't even look like a professional football player" his shape - I don't know, his body position, is always side on inviting the opponent outside. Wolves targeted him, time and again, because he can't live with either a player cutting across him or going past him on the wing.

@TheBigIguana called it; I don't even know what a decent version of him would be. Really worried about this one.

The signs aren't good. Potentially he could sort out his defending with a lot of work on the training ground but on the ball he's so limited too.

Given his form and everything going on in his home country, I can't agree with Lampard putting him on the pitch.

He and Patterson might be decent in 3 years but the fact that we spent £35m+ on both and at the minute quite frankly they're either flat out crap or u23's quality at best, when we've got no money, don't have the time or opportunity to bed them in naturally and most importantly have Coleman who's years past his best at right back and bloody Kenny who was deemed no where near good enough for years as a right back now as our starting left back. We're all tired of spewing money up the wall on older players but lord above could we not have spent that money on 2 proper 25-27 year olds that are the finished article and come in now when we actually need them?

Winds me up that the club has done nothing but spunk money on the likes of Tosun, Walcott, Delph, Sigurdsson, Allan and Doucoure all bought for big money in their late 20s when most of them weren't even needed yet we're at least 3 years into looking for a right back and they decide to buy a Scottish 20 year old who wasn't even playing for his team and then decide to replace our far and away best player with another punt on a player who no one has ever heard of from a very poor league, both of them for stupid money.

I'm not being funny right but I think most lads could probably boot up FIFA or Football Manager, find some lad in the Championship, Germany, France, SOMEWHERE, and say he'd probably be decent for £15m, WHAT DOES OUR SCOUTING DEPARTMENT DO FFS!? Swear to god I look at almost every other team and think "that was a smart bit of business" whereas with us it's literally always the same long drawn out process of taking a punt on some no mark for insane money or else the incredibly rare time when it's actually a decent player we either haggle over pennies, like we did with Luis Dias in the Summer and look how that's turned out or else we overpay the odds massively despite little to no interest from anyone else like with Iwobi, Keane and Sigurdsson.

Honestly the way this club is run, if we didn't have the guaranteed Premier League TV money and all that, which we most likely won't for much longer, we'd end up just like Bolton or Bury. Top to bottom there's not an employee of this football club that knows a damn thing about football and we as fans are powerless to do anything about it.

Political reasons?

He was bought because Benitez bombed out Digne and the club (Moshiri) sided with the manager. There was no need at all for a new LB until that happened.

I have no further comment to make on that issue

He was awful and that's all there is to it.
I didn't think he was though. I thought he played about what he's played in all his games which is 5/10 cause he looks a bit like a rabbit caught in headlights. He was solid in the first half but they started getting at him at the start of the second and Gray, as Gray tends not to do, doesn't help defensively. We only had 2 in midfield.

Gordon was more at fault for their goal than Mykolenko and on the other side Kenny was diving in like a mad man and Coleman was useless.

Also taking the one left footer off meant we had no natural width down that flank.

I didn't think he was though. I thought he played about what he's played in all his games which is 5/10 cause he looks a bit like a rabbit caught in headlights. He was solid in the first half but they started getting at him at the start of the second and Gray, as Gray tends not to do, doesn't help defensively. We only had 2 in midfield.

Gordon was more at fault for their goal than Mykolenko and on the other side Kenny was diving in like a mad man and Coleman was useless.

Also taking the one left footer off meant we had no natural width down that flank.
He was bad but then so was everyone else.

Political reasons?

Yep......it should make the top 3 of the "Everton That" all time list:
"Former RS manager sells our talented French left back to the RS's former legendary midfield captain to help him settle in his new Premier league managerial role and replaces him with unknown third string Ukraine defender "
Just think how insane it actually is......you couldn't make up anything more absurd from a BLUE perspective if you tried ?

Status
Not open for further replies.