2021/22 Vitalii Mykolenko

Status
Not open for further replies.
A bit of a rant of sorts:

1: Ancelotti was interested, Brands scouted him and Benitez signed him.

2: He's been the left back regular for both Ukraine and Kiev for the past 4 seasons.

3: He has 21 caps and played 32 games in Europe by the age of 22.

4: He was rated in the top layer of highest potential u21 players for 3 years between the ages of 18-21.

5: He's been in/out of the team since joining and played in an unsettled team devoid of confidence. So far he's had Gray/Gordon/Richarlison ahead of him and Godfrey, Keane/Holgate next to him.

6: He did not cost £20mil / £21mil or whatever other fictitious fee mentioned. The fee was 'undisclosed' and strongly rumoured to be £17mil or £18mil including clauses. In the same way Pattersons fee was £16mil including clauses with the initial fee at £11mil...we can guess the initial fee for Mykolenko would likely be between £12-14mil.

7: He hasnt been dreadful or anything as bad as hes being made out to be. He's been average, probably 5 or 6 out of 10 every match.

8: He was signed a month into his 2 month winter break, moved to a new country and league and then seen Benitez, Ferguson and Lampard as managers. Not to mention his illness and the war in Ukraine.

I think he's a good player and opinions will change on him next season.

Yep......it should make the top 3 of the "Everton That" all time list:
"Former RS manager sells our talented French left back to the RS's former legendary midfield captain to help him settle in his new Premier league managerial role and replaces him with unknown third string Ukraine defender "
Just think how insane it actually is......you couldn't make up anything more absurd from a BLUE perspective if you tried ?
Well plenty of people on here were buzzing when it happened for some reason

2: He's been the left back regular for both Ukraine and Kiev for the past 4 seasons.

4: He was rated in the top layer of highest potential u21 players for 3 years between the ages of 18-21.

5: He's been in/out of the team since joining and played in an unsettled team devoid of confidence. So far he's had Gray/Gordon/Richarlison ahead of him and Godfrey, Keane/Holgate next to him.

6: He did not cost £20mil / £21mil or whatever other fictitious fee mentioned. The fee was 'undisclosed' and strongly rumoured to be £17mil or £18mil including clauses. In the same way Pattersons fee was £16mil including clauses with the initial fee at £11mil...we can guess the initial fee for Mykolenko would likely be between £12-14mil.

7: He hasnt been dreadful or anything as bad as hes being made out to be. He's been average, probably 5 or 6 out of 10 every match.

8: He was signed a month into his 2 month winter break, moved to a new country and league and then seen Benitez, Ferguson and Lampard as managers. Not to mention his illness and the war in Ukraine.

I don't think he's been dreadful and he's had a very tough time. The issue was always going to be that he'd need time and the club really didn't have it to give, but they clearly didn't realise just what a torrid position they could be in.

He and Patterson might be decent in 3 years but the fact that we spent £35m+ on both and at the minute quite frankly they're either flat out crap or u23's quality at best, when we've got no money, don't have the time or opportunity to bed them in naturally and most importantly have Coleman who's years past his best at right back and bloody Kenny who was deemed no where near good enough for years as a right back now as our starting left back. We're all tired of spewing money up the wall on older players but lord above could we not have spent that money on 2 proper 25-27 year olds that are the finished article and come in now when we actually need them?

Winds me up that the club has done nothing but spunk money on the likes of Tosun, Walcott, Delph, Sigurdsson, Allan and Doucoure all bought for big money in their late 20s when most of them weren't even needed yet we're at least 3 years into looking for a right back and they decide to buy a Scottish 20 year old who wasn't even playing for his team and then decide to replace our far and away best player with another punt on a player who no one has ever heard of from a very poor league, both of them for stupid money.

I'm not being funny right but I think most lads could probably boot up FIFA or Football Manager, find some lad in the Championship, Germany, France, SOMEWHERE, and say he'd probably be decent for £15m, WHAT DOES OUR SCOUTING DEPARTMENT DO FFS!? Swear to god I look at almost every other team and think "that was a smart bit of business" whereas with us it's literally always the same long drawn out process of taking a punt on some no mark for insane money or else the incredibly rare time when it's actually a decent player we either haggle over pennies, like we did with Luis Dias in the Summer and look how that's turned out or else we overpay the odds massively despite little to no interest from anyone else like with Iwobi, Keane and Sigurdsson.

Honestly the way this club is run, if we didn't have the guaranteed Premier League TV money and all that, which we most likely won't for much longer, we'd end up just like Bolton or Bury. Top to bottom there's not an employee of this football club that knows a damn thing about football and we as fans are powerless to do anything about it.
Patterson looked decent against Boreham. Hasn’t been given a chance.

He willfi

He will find life easier in the championship.

I don't think he's been dreadful and he's had a very tough time. The issue was always going to be that he'd need time and the club really didn't have it to give, but they clearly didn't realise just what a torrid position they could be in.
This is it. So many weak areas of the team that deciding to weaken one of the reasonably strong areas of the team midway through the season was criminal. There is zero defence of that decision, none. Ludicrous. Doesn’t mean this boy can’t improve or even go on to be a good player, the signing shouldn’t have even been considered in the position we were in.

My opinion on him hasn't changed. He shouldn't have been bought in January as a replacement for Digne in the predicament we were/are in.

Regardless of talent or him being on the radar, it shows how bad the club is ran to allow what Rafael did in that respect.

My opinion on him hasn't changed. He shouldn't have been bought in January as a replacement for Digne in the predicament we were/are in.

Regardless of talent or him being on the radar, it shows how bad the club is ran to allow what Rafael did in that respect.
This! The board were blase about the fact we were in a relegation fight - he may come good (not seen anything from him yet) but to swap a PL experienced full back for one that needs time to adapt in the weakest part of our team in January during the biggest relegation fight we’ve had since ‘98. It’s decisions like these have put us where we are today.

I think there is something to work with definitely, he needs a run of games, not being chopped and change, needs to have backing

Yes he was at fault for the goal and should have pressed it better, but its one mistake, it happens

I actually thought he goes at players tenaciously and put them under pressure a lot, I certainly would rather see him LB than Kenny.

I'm not judging his potential ceiling, i'm judging his performances here and now, in a relegation battle. Whether he'll be great in 5 years is really neither here nor there in our current predicament, his performances have - as you said - been in the 5/10 bracket quite consistently, and that is not average, it's poor. I really feel for him, and if he needs taking out of the squad then I don't think anybody will have an issue with that, but if he's starting games he needs to perform at a good level and yesterday was most certainly not that.

This! The board were blase about the fact we were in a relegation fight - he may come good (not seen anything from him yet) but to swap a PL experienced full back for one that needs time to adapt in the weakest part of our team in January during the biggest relegation fight we’ve had since ‘98. It’s decisions like these have put us where we are today.

A well ran club buys him and Patterson to develope and bring into the side gradually.

It's shows how suicidal it was giving Rafael full control. He raised funds by selling Digne...then blows the lot on backup fullbacks. What would've been his plan for the rest of January?

Thats all fair.

I think there is something to work with definitely, he needs a run of games, not being chopped and change, needs to have backing

Yes he was at fault for the goal and should have pressed it better, but its one mistake, it happens

I actually thought he goes at players tenaciously and put them under pressure a lot, I certainly would rather see him LB than Kenny.

I dont really see anything wrong with him so far bar not closing down the cross in the last game and gradually adapting to the league.

I'm not judging his potential ceiling, i'm judging his performances here and now, in a relegation battle. Whether he'll be great in 5 years is really neither here nor there in our current predicament, his performances have - as you said - been in the 5/10 bracket quite consistently, and that is not average, it's poor. I really feel for him, and if he needs taking out of the squad then I don't think anybody will have an issue with that, but if he's starting games he needs to perform at a good level and yesterday was most certainly not that.

Well, I said 5 or 6 out of 10.

That isnt 'poor' i'd call it average.

Coleman 1 or 2 out of 10 and Kenny 3 or 4 out of 10 could be classed as 'poor'.

Personally I think he should be starting every game as 'average' is fine compared to the rest of the performances of others at left back.

It will take a while for him to settle in after the place and competition he’s come from, time Everton don’t have sadly so the selling of Digne to fund him and another full back that doesn’t play in January was both stupid and damaging from Benitez.

Played a great ball down for Richarlison yesterday, has a good motor on him and CL/international experience so hopefully will come good next season, if indeed he fancies Championship football.

Thats all fair.

I dont really see anything wrong with him so far bar not closing down the cross in the last game and gradually adapting to the league.

Well, I said 5 or 6 out of 10.

That isnt 'poor' i'd call it average.

Coleman 1 or 2 out of 10 and Kenny 3 or 4 out of 10 could be classed as 'poor'.

Personally I think he should be starting every game as 'average' is fine compared to the rest of the performances of others at left back.
We both know that isn’t how rating systems actually work. Football works on a 5 point rating system dressed as a 10 point one, anything below a 5 means you’ve been unspeakably bad, 5 is bad, 6 is acceptable, 7 is average, 8 is good, 9 is very good and 10 is reserved for scoring a hat trick. Mykolenko has been a 5 or 6 for me in every game so far. It doesn’t mean he won’t ever be a good player but there’s no point pretending he looks anything other than poor at the moment, and some things (his body shape when a player runs at him for example) are worrying for the longer term.

Status
Not open for further replies.