2021/22 Vitalii Mykolenko

Status
Not open for further replies.
His starting position to challenge for the ball seems off to me, he's on his heels and never in place to win possession cleanly. Doesn't get close to opponents, presumably because he doesn't have the pace to live with them.

Modern full backs have to be able to do both aspects of attacking and defending well, can't really see that with Mykolenko. Can't believe a professional scout looked at him and thought he would be able to come in and do a job at this standard and pace of league.
That was always kinda my argument with Brands though, I don't think he ever quite understood the demands/requirements of players for the PL if you look at some of the signings we made (Myko + Patterson were both scouted under him)

To be honest I feel for him because of what's going on in his homeland, but if anyone at the match today can say he is a good left back well you know nothing about football. He lost his man time and time again, we have been robbed of near £30m on two fullbacks who wouldn't get in my local Sunday League team.
Not seen as bad a left back start a game for us. Incredible to watch really.

It's bizarre that someone has sat down and thought he'd be great to bring in mid season. Poor recruitment time and time again.
Absolutely bizarre, right?

I mean, sometimes you look and think "he doesn't even look like a professional football player" his shape - I don't know, his body position, is always side on inviting the opponent outside. Wolves targeted him, time and again, because he can't live with either a player cutting across him or going past him on the wing.

@TheBigIguana called it; I don't even know what a decent version of him would be. Really worried about this one.

That was always kinda my argument with Brands though, I don't think he ever quite understood the demands/requirements of players for the PL if you look at some of the signings we made (Myko + Patterson were both scouted under him)
He signed players who would be technically good rather than physically good. He basically assembled a team for serie A or the eridivese

Not really bothered about who scouted him or not

The fact that he was brought in at all was down to the kopite pigs deliberate agenda to destroy the club

Do you honestly actually believe Duncan Ferguson, in his utter professional state, would tell some random fan his opinion on a new signing to be broadcast to the world online? Come off it mate he’s not that stupid
Look at how bad a player he is mate.

Apocryphal or not it’s the meaning behind that story that rings 100% true, let’s get to the nub of the matter.

He signed players who would be technically good rather than physically good. He basically assembled a team for serie A or the eridivese
Indeed and even then a lot were not even that technically good. For me the Dutch league is very much a developmental type league for younger players and there is a huge step up from there to the PL.

Likely bought for political reasons, which is fine but it’s just shame that having him on the pitch is going to contribute to our relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.