2021/22 Vitalii Mykolenko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think him and Coleman offered little defensively or going forward.

Feel sorry for the kid with everything that is going on.

He told some bloke on a train that Myko was not even League One standard.

He was right.
That would be highly unprofessional if it's even true, and given how much Dunc seems to be glued to the club ethos, I just don't see him showing that level of disrespect to EFC mate.

To be fair his ball into Richarlison early doors was probably the most finesse we've had in the side in months

Any rate he's better than Kenny so we'll have to see more of him
To be honest I feel for him because of what's going on in his homeland, but if anyone at the match today can say he is a good left back well you know nothing about football. He lost his man time and time again, we have been robbed of near £30m on two fullbacks who wouldn't get in my local Sunday League team.

His starting position to challenge for the ball seems off to me, he's on his heels and never in place to win possession cleanly. Doesn't get close to opponents, presumably because he doesn't have the pace to live with them.

Modern full backs have to be able to do both aspects of attacking and defending well, can't really see that with Mykolenko. Can't believe a professional scout looked at him and thought he would be able to come in and do a job at this standard and pace of league.

His starting position to challenge for the ball seems off to me, he's on his heels and never in place to win possession cleanly. Doesn't get close to opponents, presumably because he doesn't have the pace to live with them.

Modern full backs have to be able to do both aspects of attacking and defending well, can't really see that with Mykolenko. Can't believe a professional scout looked at him and thought he would be able to come in and do a job at this standard and pace of league.

It's bizarre that someone has sat down and thought he'd be great to bring in mid season. Poor recruitment time and time again.

Status
Not open for further replies.