2021/22 Vitalii Mykolenko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah he looks to have a bit about him but I thought he played on the right side of the edge and was in control.

It was a baptism of fire tbh.

First game away from home in the cup, playing a team you’ve probably never heard of, in front of three thousand plus, unsettled away fans, with team mates you only met a few days ago.

The lad did okay.

I don’t think he was fully fit. He got forward quite a bit in the first half, remember him overlapping and being further forward a couple of times in the first half once we remembered how to play and remember him sending over a nice whipped cross to the back of the six yard box.
Ridiculous to judge him after one week in the country let alone only just meeting his team mates and starting to learn the way Benitez wants to play
Fair comment. Not being funny but does he speak English? If not it is another hurdle for him

First game away from home in the cup, playing a team you’ve probably never heard of, in front of three thousand plus, unsettled away fans, with team mates you only met a few days ago.

The lad did okay.
I liked that he improved as the game went on and didn't dwell on the poor start. Can very easily allow things to spiral when the team start so slowly. But very early days.

We probably won’t know just how good/bad he is until next season. He’s still only 22 and it could take time for him to settle to PL football and life over here. Does he speak much English? Only one game, give him time.
I agree we won’t know how good he is for 12 months but frankly that’s not the sort of player we should be buying given our immediate position

The lad did okay.
Thought for his 1st game and not match fit he did ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.